Let's compare buildings insurance

If you’re looking for a buildings insurance quote you’re in the right place! Through comparethemarket.com you can search and compare some of the UK’s top buildings insurance providers to find a quote that’s right for you and could save you money.

Already a customer?

Sign in

View or edit your previous quotes or activate your MEERKAT MOVIES membership and take a friend to the cinema with 2 for 1 tickets.

Let’s compare buildings insurance

Your house is more than just a building, it’s your home. It’s also very likely the most expensive thing you’ll ever buy, so obviously you’ll want to keep it protected. We’ve made the process of comparing home insurance quotes from over 60 providers as simple as possible.


On average, it takes around 10 minutes to compare great prices for your buildings insurance that could also save you money (95.26% found our home insurance prices competitive or very competitive based on a sample of 1055 respondents across a three month period October, November and December 2015**).

Frequently thought questions

Got some questions you’d like cleared up about buildings insurance first? Scroll on down. We’ve prepared the following answers to questions frequently thought, but rarely asked, about choosing a buildings insurance policy.

What’s covered by buildings insurance?

Buildings insurance, as the names suggests, is all about the building itself. A buildings insurance policy will cover damage to the structure of your property, including fixtures and fittings such as kitchens and bathroom suites. As a rule of thumb, if it’s a permanent part of the property it’s likely to fall under buildings insurance, although it can also include external property such as patios, garages and garden sheds.


If you also need cover for what’s inside your property, such as TV’s, furniture or clothes, you’ll want to get a home insurance policy which includes contents insurance.

house with ring

What protection does buildings insurance provide?

Buildings insurance can protect against a range of things, including fire, floods and storms, vandalism, damage from falling trees, and other natural disasters.


However, it’s important to note that cover will vary from policy to policy. Some cover will also include specifics such as frost damage, subsidence and accidental damage.


Don’t forget: some policies may not include self-inflicted damage (for example damage created by poor DIY).

house with rain cloud

Do I need any documents to get a quote?

Getting a quote is simple. You don’t need any special documentation or facts and figures about your home. All you’ll need is the basic information about your property, for example the type of property, the number of rooms and who lives there.

How do I estimate the rebuild cost of my property?

Don’t worry, you won’t need to become a professional property surveyor to work out your rebuild cost. We’ll help you estimate the cost with our rebuild calculator during your buildings insurance quote.