Let's compare cafe insurance
Whether your café specialises in artisan coffee or builders’ tea, it’s important to protect your business with a good café insurance policy. Our experts can help you find the right cover, quickly and simply.
Frequently asked questions
What type of insurance do I need?
Cafés can have a number of insurance needs to ensure the business is protected in the event of unforeseen claims for losses or damages.
You may have stock and kitchen equipment that needs protecting against theft and damage and replacing quickly to keep the business running smoothly.
You’ll also need to consider what cover is required to protect against claims from members of the public in the café. If you employ staff, you’re legally required to have employers’ liability insurance.
And what would happen if you had to close for a period, for whatever reason? Any disruption to your business could be especially damaging if your loyal customers go off and find a new favourite hangout.
Here are a few different types of insurance that could help keep your café running smoothly:
- Buildings insurance: Do you own the building where your café is located? If yes, then you’ll need buildings insurance to cover the cost of repairing any damage to the structure of your building, or rebuilding it if necessary.
- Contents insurance: You’re likely to have plenty of stock on site to keep hungry customers fed, as well as expensive kitchen kit, furniture, pots and pans and crockery, all of which are essential to the day-to-day running of your business. Contents insurance will cover you against theft, fire, or damage.
- Employers’ liability insurance: This cover is a legal requirement if you have one or more employees, and offers protection if your employees are injured or become ill as a result of working for you.
- Public liability insurance: Customers are what keep a café going, but if unfortunately someone is injured on your premises or their property is damaged, it can be costly. With public liability insurance you can claim to cover repaying them, or any legal costs if they take you to court.
- Business interruption insurance: Having to close your café for a few days or even weeks is never ideal, but business interruption insurance can help cover any loss of income while you get things up and running again.
How do I get started?
All you need to do is give us a few contact details. Then, an insurance specialist will give you a call to discuss the different quotes available from insurance providers. Together you can find the most competitive prices for the different types of insurance you may need for your café.Start a business insurance quote