Compare SIM only deals
Frequently asked questions
What is a SIM only deal?
SIM only is now the most popular kind of mobile deal in the UK, accounting for 29% of the mobile phone market, according to digital researchers GfK.
A SIM only deal means you don’t get a phone included in your contract. You’ll simply pay monthly for an allowance of minutes, texts and data.
It’s a great solution if you’re happy with your phone, or want to buy yourself a new one, without signing up to a long mobile phone contract.
What are the benefits of SIM only deals?
- Potential savings – as you’re not paying for a phone you might be able to reduce your monthly payments and increase your call, text and mobile data allowance too.
- Keep your existing phone or buy a new one – as you’re just paying for the SIM card, you can keep your phone or buy one outright.
- Freedom to change tariff – You can get a 1-24 month contract, so you have the flexibility to change your deal if you want to.
- Easier credit check – the criteria you have to meet isn’t as comprehensive as a contract deal.
SIM only deals: Is there anything to consider?
- You’ll need a phone – new phones can be expensive, so you’ll need to factor this in.
- You could be locked in – you may need to unlock your phone if it’s tied to a network provider that’s different to the one you want to switch to.
Can I get meerkat rewards?
Unfortunately, SIM only deals don’t qualify for toys or MEERKAT MOVIES*. Find out more about Meerkat Rewards.