Competition Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions apply to the ‘Hide and Beep’ Competition (“the Competition”)
2. Entry to the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions, therefore, please read carefully.
3. The promoter of the Competition is comparethemarket.com which is a trading name of BISL Limited, registered in England and Wales, company number 3231094, whose registered office is Pegasus House, Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6YS (“the Promoter”).
4. The Competition is open only to UK residents over the age of 18 who hold a current full UK driving license, with no current penalty points or disqualifications (a DVLA driving licence code will be requested to verify this). The competition is not open to employees of the BGL Group, third parties involved in the Competition or their families).
5. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for incomplete entries or entries not properly received due to technical, communication or other problems. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
6. The prize (“the Prize”):
- A Volkswagen Golf with one year’s road tax paid
o Vehicle make: Volkswagen
o Vehicle model: GOLF HATCHBACK (17 Trim - )
o Vehicle Variant: 1.4 TSI SE 5dr (03/17 - )
o Colour: Metallic – Peacock green
o Registration Plate: 67
- Up to £1000 contribution to the cost of insuring the above mentioned vehicle for the first year only. The Winner must acquire their insurance policy within 60 days of them becoming the registered keeper of the vehicle and the Promoter shall pay the contribution in a one-off lump sum payment to the Winner upon verification of the premium being paid by the winner within 21 days of the policy start date. Please note that insurance is subject to underwriting criteria and in the event insurance cannot be provided, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute this element of the Prize for an alternative up an equivalent value.
7. To enter the Competition entrants must correctly guess where the Prize is located. Only the street name will be accepted, no postcode or city is required. Entries which do no not detail the correct street name will not be counted. Note that the correct answer could be a real or fictional street. Only one correct entry per person will be accepted.
8. The Competition will run from 8am on September 21st 2017 until 5pm on the 22nd September 2017 (“the Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted.
9. The Winner shall be selected at random from the pool of participants and notified by the Promoter on 24th September 2017 (“the Winner”). The Winner must be available on this day and be contactable via the contact details provided at the point of entry.
10. The Winner shall have until midnight on 25th September 2017 to respond and claim their Prize. The Prize will be delivered to a UK address as specified by the Winner at an agreeable date within two weeks of the Competition closing
11. In the event that the Prize is not claimed by midnight on 25th September 2017, or the Winner is unable to meet the criteria detailed in these terms and conditions, the Winner shall forfeit the Prize and the Promoter may select an alternative Winner for the Prize.
12. Once the Prize has been claimed, the Winner will become the registered keeper of the vehicle and will be responsible for the Prize and all associated obligations that come with owning a vehicle, such as:
a. Ongoing car insurance payments
b. Regular MOT check-ups
c. Ongoing car tax payments
d. Any car repairs/maintenance required
13. There shall be no alternative to the Prize although the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for one of equal value.
14. The Promoters decision is final and the Promoter shall not enter into correspondence with respect to its decision. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify or exclude any individual for inappropriate behaviour including but not limited to:
- entries which, in the Promoter’s sole discretion, are inappropriate or derogatory to the subject matter of the Competition;
- tampering with the entry process, or any other process which, in the opinion of the Promoter, in any way affects the fairness of the Competition;
- tampering with the operation of the Competition or the website of the Promoter.
- acting in violation of the terms of the Competition;
- acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person;
- submitting entries on behalf of another individual; or any conduct which would put other entrants at an unfair disadvantage.
15. Personal data supplied during the course of the Competition will only be used for the purposes of the administration of the Competition but may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the Prize.
16. The Winner may be required to take part in reasonable publicity in connection with the Competition, including the publication of their name, geographic location and photograph both in print and online.
17. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities or disappointment incurred or suffered as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the Prize. The Promoter further disclaims liability for any damage to individuals’ computers relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
18. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something beyond its reasonable control, or that of a third party providing the Prize.
19. The Promoter shall not be liable for any additional expenses incurred by the Winner in connection with the Prize.
20. This competition is subject to the laws of England and Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall apply.
21. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook/Twitter/Instagram.
22. ITV is not responsible for the administration of the promotion or fulfilment of any prizes.