I’ve been driving abroad for the last few years, can I use my no claims discount from that?
This depends on the insurance provider, some won’t recognise no claims discounts earned abroad, others will but only from specific countries. If this is the case for you, then you should always compare different providers. If you find a provider that will accept foreign no claims discounts, it’s likely you’ll need evidence to prove what you’ve earned, you may be asked for:
• Details of the policy (in English) on official company headed paper
• Confirmation of the main driver’s name (to make sure it really was you)
• Details of the vehicle you drove
• Confirmation of the number of years the no claims was built over
• The date your policy expired
You should note that if your policy from abroad expired two or more years ago your NCD may still be declared invalid, any queries should be raised with the provider.