Girls Drive Better car insurance
Girls Drive Better is a car insurance provider specialising in competitive premiums for drivers of all ages.
Offering some great benefits, such as motor legal protection as standard, GDB also makes use of telematics technology to help drivers reduce their car insurance costs even further.
About Girls Drive Better car insurance
GDB provides car insurance policies for drivers of all ages, including drivers with penalty points and motoring convictions. Customers can choose between traditional car insurance or telematics insurance.
All policies offered by GDB include free legal expenses as standard. There’s also a range of useful optional extras to choose from so you can tailor your policy to suit your needs and lifestyle.
What you get with Girls Drive Better comprehensive car insurance
A comprehensive car insurance policy with GDB provides you with:
- cover against third party claims
- cover for your own car if it’s damaged or written off in an accident or by fire
- cover against theft
- free legal expenses – up to £100,000 legal protection to help you reclaim uninsured losses if you’re involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault. These can include loss of earnings, car hire, excess recovery and personal injury and death compensation
- personal belongings cover
Read the policy wording carefully before you buy, as terms and conditions will apply.
What you get with Girls Drive Better telematics car insurance
Telematics, also known as black box car insurance, can help you reduce your premium even further by demonstrating how well you drive.
When you take out a telematics policy with GDB, a small black box will be fitted to your vehicle. This will monitor how well you drive by collecting data on certain aspects, such as:
- type of road you’re on
- times of day you drive
- how many miles you drive
The data will then be sent to GDB, who’ll give you a score based on your driving performance. If you drive well, GDB will likely reward you with a discount on renewal.
You can monitor your driving and receive helpful feedback via your personalised online portal or the free smartphone app that works with the telematics black box. The app also includes a handy ‘where’s my car?’ feature to locate your car at any time.
A GDB telematics policy also offers the following benefits:
- reduced insurance costs
- helps you drive safely
- alerts GDB if you have a crash
- locates your lost car
- stolen vehicle tracking works in conjunction with G4S
- Security and the police to find and recover your car if it’s stolen
Read the policy wording carefully before buying telematics car insurance, as terms and conditions will apply.
Girls Drive Better optional extras
Girls Drive Better also offers a range of useful optional extras that you can add to your policy at an additional cost. These include:
- motor excess protection – reclaim your excess if your car is written off, even if you’re to blame
- personal accident/death – up to £25,000 compensation if you’re seriously injured or killed in a car accident
- key cover – up to £1,500 annual cover for replacement locks and lost or stolen keys. Includes locksmith charges and up to three days car hire if you can’t drive as a result of lost or stolen keys
- mis-fuelling cover – up to £2,500 cover for cleaning the tank and any damages if you put the wrong fuel in your car by mistake
- windscreen cover
- alloy wheel, scratch, dent and mis-fuel – three-in-one cover to repair or replace alloy wheels, fix dents and scratches and cover you for misfuelling
Read the policy wording carefully before you buy optional extras, as terms and conditions will apply.
Get a quote with Compare the Market
Girls Drive Better could be ideal for all drivers who want to reap the rewards of responsible and safe driving. Get a Girls Drive Better car insurance quote with us today and see if you can start saving.
For a full list of all our car insurance providers, check out our car insurance providers hub.
Why buy through Compare the Market?
You could save up to £202** on your car insurance and get Meerkat Meals and Meerkat Movies* by comparing a range of car insurance providers in just a few minutes.
**Based on Online independent research by Consumer Intelligence during November 2019 50% of customers could save up to £202.57 on their car insurance premium.