You can also add the following options:
- Legal protection – help to recover uninsured losses if you have an accident that’s not your fault. Uninsured losses are personal injury claims, loss of earnings, car hire charges, reimbursement of your policy excess and any other out of pocket expenses.
- Car breakdown – make sure you’re never stranded. There are different levels of cover available, with options for home start, roadside recovery and roadside repairs.
- Personal accident cover – a lump sum to compensate for serious injuries or fatality.
- No claims discount protection, should you need to make a claim.
- Malicious damage cover – if your car is vandalised.
Terms and conditions will apply to the benefits offered, so make sure to check the policy wording before you buy.
By talking to Insure Pink, you can tailor your insurance to meet your lifestyle. Your policy could include:
- Cover for personal belongings.
- Child seat cover.
- Alternative accommodation – if your car can’t be driven after an accident, you have the cover for one nights’ stay in alternative accommodation.
- Onward travel – covers you to get home by alternative transport if you have an accident and your car can’t be driven.
- Key cover – pays for the locksmith to come out, replacement car locks and keys if they have been lost or stolen.
- Cover for a new car – if your car is less than 12 months old and it’s badly damaged, you’ll get a new car of the same specification, make and model.
If you don’t want comprehensive insurance, you can opt for Third Party Fire and Theft or Third Party cover instead.
Third Party Fire and Theft won’t cover your own car unless it’s involved in a fire or it’s stolen and you won’t normally get benefits like windscreen insurance. You are covered if you have an accident that’s your fault and the other driver claims on your policy, or one of your passengers is injured.
Third Party insurance is the minimum cover you are legally required to have in order to drive on the road. It covers the same as Third Party Fire and Theft, minus the fire and theft parts.
When you apply for a quote with Insure Pink they’ll ask you questions about your licence, your no claims discount, your yearly mileage and the type of car you’ve got, with the registration number. Write it all down beforehand, so you’ve got all the information you need at your fingertips.