Both policies offer the following benefits with comprehensive insurance:
- Cover for a new car
- Windscreen and sunroof cover
- Navigation and audio equipment cover
- Personal belongings protection
- Emergency medical cover – if you need to pay for medical treatment after an accident
- Key cover -if your keys are stolen
- Personal Accident payment – compensation if you or your partner are severely injured or pass away from an accident.
- Alternative accommodation – if your car can’t be driven after an accident and you can’t get home, this covers you for one night’s accommodation in a hotel
- Guaranteed courtesy car – whilst your own car is being repaired
- Uninsured driver protection – if you have an accident that’s not your fault and the other driver isn’t insured, you won’t lose your no claims bonus or have to pay your policy excess
If you want to drive abroad, Standard Insurance will give you the minimum cover applicable to that country. A foreign use extension is available to allow you to enjoy the same level of cover as in the UK. For Sm>rt Wheels, policy holders must purchase this cover as an option.