My Policy car insurance
My Policy is an insurance provider that specialises in telematics, otherwise known as black box car insurance.
My Policy offers two types of telematics policies – one for young drivers, and one for low mileage drivers over the age of 25.
About My Policy car insurance
My Policy has a simple approach to car insurance – drive safely and you could pay less. Using telematics technology, also known as black box car insurance, drivers could earn cheaper premiums by demonstrating how safely they drive. My Policy offers telematics insurance for young drivers and low mileage drivers over the age of 25.
My Policy works with a panel of leading UK insurance providers including AXA, Aviva, Markerstudy, Equity Red Star and Liverpool Victoria (Highway) to provide comprehensive, third party fire and theft, and third party only cover for its Telematics Smart Box policies.
How My Policy telematics works
When you take out a telematics policy with My Policy, you’ll agree to have a Telematics Smart Box fitted to your car within seven days of the start date. The small black box uses telematics technology to collect information on your driving, such as:
- time of use
- road types
- vehicle location
The information is sent back to My Policy, who’ll give you a driving score based on how well you drive. You can view your driving score at any time via your personalised online dashboard. Score well and you could earn a discount on renewal.
Before you complete a My Policy quote, you’ll be asked how many miles you want to drive. The less miles you do, the cheaper your policy may be. If you run out of your stated miles you can buy extra miles to add to your policy.
My Policy also provides a telematics policy for low mileage drivers over 25, which means drivers of any age can benefit from lower premiums based on safe driving and low miles.
What you get with My Policy telematics car insurance
A Telematics Smart Box policy with My Policy includes the following benefits:
- Mileage based insurance – limit your miles, lower your costs
- Quick Telematics Smart Box installation
- No night time curfews
- Online dashboard to monitor your driving scores, mileage and usage
- Feedback on your driving and tips on how to improve
- Alerts and warnings to help you avoid penalties
- Theft tracking to help find your vehicle if it’s stolen
- Telematics data can provide vital evidence if you’re involved in an accident
- Drive well and you may earn a discount at renewal
Read the policy wording carefully before you buy, as terms and conditions will apply.
What you get with My Policy comprehensive car insurance
As My Policy works with a panel of various car insurance providers, features and benefits may differ depending on the policy you choose.
Typically, most comprehensive car insurance policies include the following benefits as standard:
- New car replacement if your car is written off or stolen and not recovered, and is less than 12 months old
- Windscreen cover
- Audio visual and sat nav equipment cover
- Locks replacement cover
- Medical expenses
- Alternative transport or one night’s accommodation cover if you cannot continue your journey following an accident
- Child car seat replacement
- EU cover for driving in Europe
- Personal accident cover
- Personal belongings cover
- Courtesy car while yours is being repaired at an approved garage (subject to availability)
- Uninsured driver promise – you won’t lose your no claims discount (NCD) or be charged an excess if you’re involved in an accident with an uninsured driver that wasn’t your fault
Terms and conditions will apply to the benefits you’re offered, so it’s important to check the policy wording before you buy.
My Policy optional extras
My Policy also gives you the choice of adding optional extras to your policy. Be aware that they come at an additional cost, so they could impact the price of your premium. Options include:
- Motor uninsured loss recovery – legal expenses cover to help you reclaim any uninsured losses if you’re involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault. This also covers you for legal defence costs if you’re charged with a motoring offence, vehicle identity theft costs and pothole damage claims against a local authority.
- RAC breakdown – Choose from five levels of cover: Roadside, Recovery, At Home, Onward Travel and European Rescue.
Read the details carefully, as terms and conditions will apply.
Get a quote with Compare the Market
Telematics is a great way to potentially pay less for your car insurance by proving you’re a safe and responsible driver. Get a My Policy car insurance quote today and see if you can save.
For a full list of our car insurance providers, including others who offer telematics insurance, check out our car insurance providers hub.
Why buy through Compare the Market?
You could save up to £202** on your car insurance and get Meerkat Meals and Meerkat Movies* by comparing a range of car insurance providers in just a few minutes.
**Based on Online independent research by Consumer Intelligence during November 2019 50% of customers could save up to £202.57 on their car insurance premium.
*Qualifying purchases. 1 membership per 12 months. Meerkat Meals – 2 for 1 on equivalent starters, mains and desserts. Cheapest free. Sunday to Thursday. Participating restaurants. Booking required, max 6 people. Excl Kids meals, drinks and certain days. App only. Meerkat Movies – 2 for 1 on Tuesday or Wednesday. Participating cinemas. Standard tickets only. Cheapest ticket free. Please note your claim may take up to 48 hours to validate. Rewards T&Cs apply.