Things you should look for with comprehensive insurance cover:
- Windscreen Cover – to replace or repair your damaged windscreen
- New car for old – if you have an accident and your car is less than 12 months old it will be replaced by a new car of the same make, model and specification if your old car is extensively damaged
- Audio and navigation equipment cover
- Personal Accident compensation – a lump sum to compensate you or your family if you are badly injured or killed in an accident
- European travel – travel in Europe with the same cover as you have in the UK or with the minimum cover allowed in the country you are visiting (usually Third Party only)
- Legal Cover – to help you if you have to claim uninsured losses after an accident that wasn’t your fault. Uninsured losses include personal injury claims, loss of earnings, car hire charges, policy excess reimbursement and out of pocket expenses
Terms and conditions will apply to the benefits you’re offered, so it’s important to check the policy wording before you purchase.