Sainsbury’s Bank car insurance
Sainsbury’s is one of the UK’s largest supermarkets. It also offers a range of financial services through its Sainsbury’s Bank division.
Sainsbury’s Bank offers comprehensive and third party fire and theft car insurance with further rewards and discounts for customers who have a Nectar Card.
About Sainsbury’s Bank car insurance
Sainsbury’s Bank offers an award-winning range of financial services, including car insurance, from a panel of carefully selected insurance providers and a UK-based call centre.
Sainsbury’s Bank comprehensive car insurance has been given a 5 star Defaqto rating for the features and benefits it offers as standard.
New customers who have a Nectar card can get a discount on their car insurance and will also earn double Nectar points on their shopping and fuel (terms and conditions apply).
Sainsbury’s Bank also offers a range of optional extras so you can tailor your policy to suit your needs.
If you need to make a claim, the Sainsbury’s Bank 24-hour helpline is available on 0345 266 1620.
What you get with Sainsbury’s Bank comprehensive car insurance
Sainsbury’s Bank comprehensive car insurance provides fully comprehensive cover as well as the following benefits:
- windscreen, window and sunroof cover, including any damage to bodywork caused by broken glass
- guaranteed courtesy car while yours is being repaired by an approved repairer
- up to 90 days fully comprehensive cover for driving in EU
- replacement child car seat
- replacement keys and locks - up to £1,000
- new car cover – if your car is written off or stolen, is less than 12 months old and you are the registered owner since new
- medical expenses – up to £200 for each injured person
- personal belongings and Sainsbury’s shopping cover – up to £200
- audio and sat nav equipment cover
- personal accident benefit – up to £10,000
- protection against uninsured drivers – if your car is hit by an uninsured driver and it’s not your fault, you won’t lose your no claims discount and your excess will be refunded
- vandalism promise – you won’t lose your no claims discount if you make a claim for damage to your car caused by vandalism.
Terms and conditions will apply, so it’s important to read the policy wording carefully before buying.
What you get with Sainsbury’s Bank third party fire and theft car insurance
Sainsbury’s Bank also offers third party fire and theft cover with the following benefits included as standard:
- up to 35 days third party fire and theft cover for driving in EU
- child car seat replacement cover if your car is damaged by fire, theft or attempted theft
- new car cover (fire and theft only)
- audio and sat nav equipment cover – up to £150
Terms and conditions apply.
Sainsbury’s Bank optional extras
Sainsbury’s Bank has a range of optional extras that you can add to your policy at an additional cost:
- RAC Breakdown cover – choose from a range of cover levels: from basic roadside assistance to full UK and European breakdown cover
- motor legal protection – help with the costs of claiming uninsured losses if you’re involved in an accident that wasn’t your fault, are charged with a motoring offence or have a motoring dispute claim
- guaranteed courtesy car – upgrade your car to the same size as your own for up to 14 or 21 days
- no claims discount protection – protects your NCD if you have to make a claim
- key cover – up to £1,500 to replace stolen, lost or damaged keys and locks and up to three days car hire if you’re left stranded
- windscreen cover – windscreen, window and sunroof cover for third party fire and theft policyholders.
Terms and conditions apply.
Get a quote with Compare the Market
Sainsbury’s Bank car insurance offers great value cover with a range of features and benefits. Get a Sainsbury’s Bank car insurance quote today to see if you can save.
For a full list of our car insurance providers, check out our car insurance providers hub.
Why buy through Compare the Market?
You could save up to £202** on your car insurance and get Meerkat Meals and Meerkat Movies* by comparing a range of car insurance providers in just a few minutes.
**Based on Online independent research by Consumer Intelligence during November 2019 50% of customers could save up to £202.57 on their car insurance premium.