Combine this generator with our best-practice tips below and you’ll be able to shop and surf with maximum peace of mind.
Type in the box above to edit your password, or enter your own password to find out how secure it is.
Secure Password tips for producing your own password:
- Use a mixture of upper and lower-case letters, numbers and symbols.
- Don’t use the same password for multiple services.
- Avoid words contained in the dictionary, instead put together random letters you can remember.
- Never keep plain-text lists of passwords.
- Password length is more important that complexity – aim for 12-15 characters.
- Don’t share your password with anyone else, no matter how much you trust them!
- Change your passwords regularly, but don’t simply change one or two characters.
- Avoid patterns like ‘qwerty’ or ‘1234’.
- Don’t use names of people or places that are important to you.