If you’re thinking of switching energy suppliers, you might not know where to start. That’s why we’ve put together this simple guide to comparing energy providers. So let’s take a look and see if you could get a better deal today.
Which energy suppliers are compared on Compare the Market?
All the major UK gas and electric suppliers are compared on Compare the Market. This includes the 'Big Six', as well as lesser-known energy providers.
Our partnership with Ofgem-accredited energyhelpline means we comply with Ofgem's Confidence Code, to deliver an unbiased, independent, fair and accurate comparison service.
Use our price comparison tool and you'll be given a list of all available tariffs. These tariffs are ranked by the savings you could make – starting with the biggest – to help you decide on the most suitable supplier to suit your needs and budget.
Compare the Market's relationship with certain listed energy suppliers means you can switch quickly and easily, using our website. You could also benefit from exclusive rewards. We'll flag our up-to-date supplier partners in the search results for you.
For those suppliers we don't provide switching support for, we'll give you all the details you need, so you can buy directly through them.
You can see a full list of the energy companies you can switch with through Compare the Market and those you need to contact directly to switch, in our guide to how we get paid by energy suppliers.
Why should I switch energy suppliers?
Sticking with the same energy supplier year after year could mean you're paying more for your gas and electricity than you need to. Research from Ofgem has shown that shopping around could net customers significant savings by finding the cheapest gas and electric supplier for their situation.
Likewise, Compare the Market's figures reveal that 50% of people could save up to £345** on their dual fuel energy costs by comparing tariffs and switching to a cheaper energy supplier.
**Where a saving can be achieved 50% of people could achieve a saving of £345.00 on their dual fuel energy costs based on Compare the Market data in February 2020.
Why should I compare energy suppliers through Compare the Market?
Compare the Market offers:
- a 'whole market comparison' of all available tariffs, including those you can only buy directly from the supplier
- an automated energy savings alert service, where AutoSergei will regularly check the energy market and send you an email to let you know if there's a better energy tariff available or whether you're still on a good deal
- impartial, unbiased and accurate quotes in partnership with Ofgem-accredited energy helpline
- rewards when you compare and switch
- a downloadable Meerkat app to compare and buy energy on the go
- Comparing energy suppliers with us might be one of the simplest ways to find a great plan that suits your needs. Find out if you could save by comparing energy suppliers with us today.