1. These terms and conditions apply to the Energy Saver Trial (the “Trial”)and entry to the Trial is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions, therefore, please read carefully.
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. The promoter of the Trial is comparethemarket.com which is a trading name of BISL Limited, registered in England and Wales under company number 03231094, whose registered office is at Pegasus House, Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6YS (the “Promoter”).
4. The Trial is open only to UK residents (excluding employees of the Promoter, third parties involved in the Trial and their families) who are aged 18 and above
5. The Promoter has 750 energy saver devices that it intends to distribute in accordance with the terms and conditions set out below.
6. To enter the Trial,
- Complete the online registration form, entries submitted in any other manner will not be accepted;
- Have two fuels (electricity and gas) at your home;
- You will need a broadband router;
- An accessible electricity meter within 30 metres of your broadband router;
- No solar panels: The energy saver devices are not yet compatible with electricity generation;
- A regular accessible gas meter: The energy saver devices are compatible with all UK gas meters except those with electronic displays;
- You will need to fit the simple to install energy saver device yourself and register your energy saver device on the energy saver device providers App or Website (details of which are included with your energy saver device; and
- Take part in the surveys and requests for information we or our energy saving device partner will send to you throughout the Trial.
7. Only one entry per household.
8. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for incomplete entries or entries not properly received due to technical, communication or other problems. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
9. The Trial will run from the date that you receive your energy saver device for a period of three months(the “Closing Date”).
10. To be selected as a participant in the Trial (“Participant”) you must meet the entry criteria set out above in point 6 and be selected by the Promoter on the basis you meet the demographic criteria. You will be notified that you have been selected as a Participant by 30th September 2016.
11. The Participants will be sent the energy saver device by our energy saving device partners.
12. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter shall not enter into correspondence with respect to its decision. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove or exclude any individual for inappropriate behaviour including but not limited to:
- tampering with the entry process, (including exceeding any limitation on the numbers of entries allowed), or any other process, which, in the opinion of the Promoter in any way affects the fairness of the Trial;
- tampering with the operation of the Trial or the website of the Promoter or theenergy saving device partner;
- acting in violation of the terms of the Trial;
- submitting entries on behalf of another individual; or
- any conduct which would put other entrants at an unfair disadvantage.
13. We reserve the right to revoke your participation in the Trial and revoke your energy saving device if you:
a. Breach or attempt to breach any of these terms and conditions;
b. Sale or distribution of your energy saving device to third parties (including sale via auction sites);
c. Abuse or attempt to abuse the Trial; or
d. Undertake activity which, in our sole opinion, constitutes misuse or abuse of the energy saving device or the Trial.
14. Personal data supplied during the course of the Trial will only be used for the purposes of the administration of the Trial but may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the Trial. The Participants shall not be liable for the cost of delivering the energy saver device.
15. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Trial or accepting the energy saver device. ThePromoter further disclaims liability for any damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Trial.
16. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control.
17. At the end of the Trial Participants shall be allowed to retain the energy saving device unless the promoter notifies them in writing that the device should be returned. The Promoter will be responsible for all costs of returning the energy saving devices. In the event the Participants retains the energy saving device the promoters energy saving device partner will continue to support the energy saving device.