£265 AVERAGE SAVING AVAILABLE WITH EXCLUSIVE GREEN ENERGY TARIFF ON COMPARETHEMARKET.COM
Exclusive tariff will offer an average household saving of £265 per year and £22 additional bill credit
20th August 2020 – comparethemarket.com has launched an exclusive 100% renewable electricity energy tariff with Pure Planet, costing £862 for the average consumption household.
To aid eco-conscious customers in their search for greener energy providers, comparethemarket.com recently launched a new renewable filter that allows people to filter energy deals that only include renewable energy.
The ‘100% Green 12m Fixed’ tariff from Pure Planet is £265 cheaper than the current energy price cap level of £1,127.
The exclusive offer is only available for new Pure Planet customers through comparethemarket.com’s website between 18 August and 4 September 2020. The exclusive also comes with a £22 bill credit that is applied automatically to the customer’s bill.
The tariff will be a fixed price for one year and comes with 100% renewable electricity as standard, utilising resources like wind, solar and biomass. It also offsets 100% of households’ gas use.
Consumer demand for greener energy is on the rise: comparethemarket.com’s latest energy snapshot reveals that in June more than 70% of all switches were to tariffs that offered customers 100% renewable electricity.
Peter Earl, head of energy at comparethemarket.com, said:
“The number of people switching to tariffs that source their energy from renewables is on the rise. Our exclusive tariff with Pure Planet is competitively priced and a great option for people keen to go green this summer. Locking in a good value fixed-price one-year deal will doubtless appeal to households concerned that energy prices could rise this autumn.”
Notes to editors:
Offer Terms and conditions apply
1. The “100% Green 12m Fixed Aug20 v1” tariff costs an average £862 a year. It is £265 less than the current typical cost of a UK gas and electricity bill of £1,127 a year. These are for an average UK home paying by monthly direct debit on a standard gas and electricity tariff with a Big Six supplier. Average usage is currently defined by the energy regulator Ofgem as 12,000 kWh of gas and 2,900 kWh of electricity per year. If your usage is higher or lower than this, the rates will be fixed and the amount you pay will depend on your usage. Prices correct as of 18.08.2020.
2. The Pure Planet “100% Green 12m Fixed Aug20 v1” tariff is exclusively available for new Pure Planet customers who switch to this tariff and pay by direct debit.
3. Account must be managed online or via mobile app.
4. The rates will be fixed for 12 months after start of supply.
5. There is an exit fee of £30 per fuel if you choose to leave this supplier after 14 days.
6. £22 bill credit will be automatically applied to your third bill.
comparethemarket.com was launched in 2006 and has grown rapidly over the past fourteen years to become one of the UK’s leading price comparison websites.
comparethemarket.com provides customers with an easy way to make the right choice for them on a wide range of products including motor, home, life, travel and pet insurance as well as utilities and money products such as credit cards and loans.
comparethemarket.com actively works with its brand partners to help provide great services to customers.
comparethemarket.com is a trading name of Compare The Market Limited. Compare The Market Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for insurance distribution (FRN: 778488) and is registered with the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2017 (FRN: 911617) for the provision of payment services.