What will affect the cost of home insurance for over 60s?
While there are plenty of excellent home insurance deals out there for over 60s, some things will affect the price of your policy. Your quote may go up or down, depending on these variables. Below are a few things that insurers will take into consideration when pricing your policy:
- Your location. Areas that are prone to flooding, for example, will have higher rates than those that don’t.
- Your claims history. The fewer claims you have made, the less your over 60s home insurance is likely to cost.
- The number of bathrooms. Water is a major reason for claims so it stands to reason that the higher your bathroom count, the higher your premium may be.
- The type of building that you live in. Detached, semi-detached, bungalows—they’re all very different, and that can be reflected in your insurance quote too.
- Security is a factor for many over 60s home insurance policies. How regularly somebody is in the house, if you have a home alarm, and the type of locks you have on your doors and windows can all affect your premium.
All insurers are different. How the above factors, and others, affect your premium can vary massively between different insurers. That is why it’s best to shop around. Fortunately, our simple comparison service does all of the leg work for you!