How can you make your home more valuable before selling?
Before selling your home, it’s worth considering ways you may increase the asking price. Or, at the very least, the likelihood of a buyer putting an offer in! You don’t have to completely overhaul every room to increase the value, even simple improvements can add value to your home.
Tidying up can work wonders to make your home more enticing for a buyer! Hide any bulky appliances, de-cluttering the garage and other simple tasks can help to generate interest when people view your house. A clean, fresh-smelling property can make the difference between buyers being disinterested and receiving an offer on the spot.
- Vacuuming all floors and polishing all surfaces
- Re-organising the furniture to give the impression of more space
- Hide anything that looks out of place
- Clean all appliances inside and out
- Use scented candles or an air-freshener, to offer a welcoming smell to visitors
- Mow the lawn, trim the hedges and make the garden look presentable
There are lots of ways that you can make selling your home a little easier. If you truly want to increase your asking price, though, you may need to look into more permanent renovations. If you’re looking for an immediate sale, then adding a loft conversion or conservatory are out of the question. If you don’t mind waiting, however, home improvements like these can add major value onto your property.