A simples guide

Who provides Home Insurance?

When it comes to home insurance, there’s no one insurer that’s right for everyone. But at comparethemarket.com we have more than 70 home insurance providers standing by with policies nearly as unique as you. So should be able to find a policy that fits your needs.

When it comes to your home – your castle, your safe place – you don't necessarily want to pick the cheapest home insurance you can find. You want a watertight policy that dots all the i’s and crosses all the t’s. 

Which home insurance providers have the right cover for your home

Home insurance can mean both buildings insurance (your bricks, mortar and fixtures) and contents insurance (gadgets, clothes and jewellery), but you can choose to separate those out depending on what you need.

A lot of home insurance companies will also provide extra emergency home insurance and accidental damage insurance, although you may find limited cover for these under your buildings or contents insurance already. (Be sure to check the small print.)


car parked on drive

So which insurers provide home insurance?

We work with more than 70 home insurance providers to bring you the best quotes for your buildings and contents insurance. We don’t pick favourites. So get comparing to find the best price and best policy for you. 

What do these home insurance companies cover?

Contents insurance:

Contents insurance covers all the stuff you’d have to pick up and pack away if you were moving, like furniture, clothes and white goods. Money, jewellery and valuables are covered too but if they’re particularly pricey, you might need to declare them on the policy

Buildings insurance:

Buildings insurance covers permanent fixtures of the house, like the walls and the boiler. Although it’s not a legal requirement, it will probably be a condition of you mortgage that you take out buildings insurance.

Accidental damage cover:

Accidental damage cover can sometimes be part of buildings or content insurance as standard, but not always. It’s what you need when you spill a bottle of your finest red all over the white sofa.

Home emergency cover:

Home emergency cover protects your home from further damage in the event of burst pipes or anything else that can damage the structure or contents if it’s not dealt with right away, such as electrical, security and pest control issues. Some policies will include home emergency cover but many don’t, so think carefully about whether or not you need it.

Holiday home insurance:

Holiday insurance covers your vacation property in the UK or anywhere you don’t spend the whole year.

Landlord insurance:

Landlord insurance covers properties you own but rent out to tenants in terms of buildings cover but not contents – it’s their responsibility to take over cover for their possessions. Your new guests might seem lovely when you hand over the keys but accidents do happen so it’s best to be covered.

Comparing home insurance with comparethemarket.com

comparethemarket.com works with home insurance companies that offer both buildings insurance and contents insurance. It means your roof is covered when Storm Norman comes along and so is your TV when Storm Terrible Twos rages through the living room.

You’ll find what you need in as little as 10 minutes. Start comparing home insurance policies now with comparethemarket.com.

Compare home insurance

Get a quote in seconds and start saving

Get a quote