Tesco Home Insurance

Tesco is a well-known supermarket chain, which established its Tesco Bank financial service products in 1997, to provide additional products to its customers across the UK.
Now, it provides a wide range of products and services, including Tesco Bank Home Insurance. They offer both buildings and contents insurance, which you can purchase together or separately.

Home Insurance with Tesco Bank has a number of additional benefits to ensure that your home is protected should the unexpected occur.

Terms and conditions will apply to the benefits you’re offered, so it’s important to check your policy wording before you purchase.

Tesco Home Insurance

Tesco Bank Building Insurance covers you for:

  • Unlimited buildings cover
  • Blocked sewers and burst pipes
  • Trace and access underground leaks
  • Lock and Key Cover – Replacement locks and keys for external doors if your keys are lost or stolen
  • Alternative accommodation – Cover for you and your family to stay in alternative accommodation if it is unsafe to stay in your home because it has been damaged by something that is covered under your insurance
  • Escape of water – From a domestic appliance or a heating or water system
  • Damage to underground drains and pipes

You can also purchase Accidental Damage Cover on your buildings insurance in case you left a hot pan on a kitchen work surface or put your foot through the ceiling, or do anything else that damages the structure of your home.

Contents Insurance with Tesco Bank includes:

  • New for old replacement
  • Accidental damage to home entertainment equipment
  • Contents in the garden
  • Contents in outbuildings – Cover for items such as tools in your shed or garage
  • Plants in the garden
  • Lock and Key Cover – Replacement locks and keys for external doors if your keys are lost or stolen
  • Money and credit cards in the home
  • Digital downloads – Data that you have legally downloaded
  • House Deeds and other important documents covered for loss or damage
  • Food in your freezer
  • Damage to your contents whilst moving house
  • Student cover – Covers the belongings of a member of your family who is studying away from home in the UK
  • Visitors effects – Cover so that you can reimburse a guest, if their possessions are damaged or stolen whilst they are in your home
  • Special events cover – If you have a special occasion such as a wedding or a religious festival which means you may have extra contents at home, you’ll get a higher level of cover for a specified period of time
  • Home office equipment – If you work from home this will protect you for loss or theft of your equipment, including your computer and photocopier 

Optional extras

If you want to widen your contents cover, you can purchase these additional optional extras:

  • Accidental Damage - For a ruined sofa caused by a red wine spillage, or a bad scratch on a piece of wooden furniture, or anything else that you damage by accident
  • Contents away from Home – Includes jewellery, clothes, bags and gadgets.  For higher value items there is also the option to cover these individually for extra piece of mind.
  • Bicycle cover – Up to £2,500 (£1,000 per bike) for loss, theft or damage to you or your family’s bikes anywhere in the UK and for up to 60 days abroad.
  • Home Emergency – Covers you for unexpected events such as a blocked drain or, a problem with your heating or electrics. Covers up to £1000 per call out for  a for emergency repairs
  • Family Legal Guard –up to £100,000 cover for you and your family to pursue or defend your legal rights in the event of a range of personal legal disputes (such as inheritance, property or employment disputes or defence against motor prosecutions), and access to a 24-hr legal helpline.

Tesco also offer insurance cover for cars, pets and travel. If you want to take advantage of the excellent benefits on offer, get a Tesco Bank Home Insurance quote today.

Compare home insurance

Get a quote in minutes and you could start saving

Get a quote