Virgin Money Home Insurance

Virgin Money is a well-known brand, which provides products to people all over the world, including insurance products to their customers in the UK.

Virgin Money Home Insurance has 3 levels of cover; Red, Silver and Gold, all of which provide the cover you need, but with different financial limits. Gold being the highest level of cover you can choose. Virgin Money has a Moneyfacts 5-star rating for their Gold Buildings cover and benefits.

Should you need to make a claim, there is a 24 hour UK based claims line which you can reach by calling 0330 303 1124.

Terms and conditions will apply to the benefits you’re offered, it’s important to check your policy wording before you purchase.

Virgin Money Home Insurance

Buildings Insurance with Virgin Money will give you the following benefits:

  • Damage to your property caused by insured events such as storm, lightning, fire, flood, falling trees or objects from the sky, impact by vehicles and theft or attempted theft
  • Damage caused by the emergency services gaining access to your property (buildings and garden)
  • Alternative accommodation –Cost of alternative accommodation because of loss or damage resulting in your home being uninhabitable
  • Property owner’s liability – Protection in the event someone makes a claim against you for injury or damage following an accident on your property.

Silver and Gold Buildings cover also includes:

  • Accidental damage to fixed glass and bathroom fittings
  • Accidental damage to pipes and cables providing underground services
  • Protection against squatters
  • Replacement of locks and keys
what does virgin money home insurance cover?

Silver and Gold Contents cover also include:

  • Accidental damage to home entertainment equipment
  • Visitors belongings – If you have someone staying with you as a guest and their property is damaged or stolen, you are covered to replace it
  • Theft, loss or damage to food in the freezer
  • Theft, loss or damage to shopping in transit
  • Theft, loss or damage to contents temporarily removed from home – Contents that are at work or in a bank
  • Theft, loss or damage to students belongings – If a member of your family is studying away from home in halls of residence or any other term time student accommodation
  • Digital downloads – Data that has been legally downloaded such as music or films

Optional extras you can purchase and add to your policy are:

  • Home Emergency Assistance – If you have a burst pipe or the heating stops working, this cover enables you to phone Virgins emergency helpline and a tradesman will be sent to you to fix the problem quickly
  • Garden secure – Insurance for your lawn, fences, plants, trees and ponds
  • Family Legal Expenses – A 24/7 legal helpline and financial assistance to pursue claims including Property protection, Clinical negligence & Employment disputes
  • Bicycle Cover away from Home
  • Valued named items – Items that have a higher value such as a painting or  piece of jewellery
  • Enhanced Accidental Damage -  Unexpected and unintentional damage to your buildings or contents which was caused by something sudden and external within the home
  • Possessions away from Home – Covers the items you would normally take with you away from home, includes suitcases, clothes, jewellery and gadgets

If you want to protect your home with an award winning company, get a Virgin Money Home Insurance quote today and see how much you could save.

why buy through comparethemarket

Compare home insurance

Get a quote in seconds and start saving

Get a quote