Blue Monday Terms and Conditions
This week we are giving away £1,000 on Twitter to help banish the blues on Blue Monday, reportedly the most depressing day of the year. We are asking consumers to visit comparethemarket.com and share the savings they could make across household bills to be in with a chance of winning the prize of £1,000. Please find below the full terms and conditions that apply to the Blue Monday Twitter competition. In entering the competition you will automatically agree to the below, so please take some time to read them carefully.
- These terms and conditions apply to the Blue Monday prize draw (the “Promotion”)and entry to the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions, therefore, please read carefully.
- No purchase is necessary.
- The promoter of the Promotion is comparethemarket.com which is a trading name of BISL Limited, registered in England and Wales under company number 03231094, whose registered office is at Pegasus House, Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6YS (the “Promoter”).
- The Promotion is open only to UK residents (excluding employees of the Promoter, third parties involved in the Promotion and their families) who are aged 18 and above.
- To enter the Promotion, entrants must acquire a quote via comparethemarket.com for any insurance product and energy tariff and excludes all credit cards, loans, mortgages, savings accounts and galactic insurance. Entrants must then tweet their quote price @comparethemrkt using #BlueMonday. Entries submitted in any other manner will not be accepted. Only one entry per person.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for incomplete entries or entries not properly received due to technical, communication or other problems. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
- The Promotion will run from 9am 18 January 2016 until 9pm 22 January 2016(the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted.
- The prize is £1,000 (the “Prize”) and will be sent via bank transfer within 30 days of being successfully claimed.
- A Winnershall be selected at random from the pool of valid participants by 12pm 25 January 2016, (the “Winner”). The Winner shall be notified via Twitter by 5pm 25 January 2016 and shall have until 5pm 27 January 2016 to validate their quote by providing evidence of their quote (such as a quote reference number) and to claim the Prize.
- In the event that any Prize is not claimed by this deadline, the Winner shall forfeit the Prize and the Promoter may select an alternative Winner.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter shall not enter into correspondence with respect to its decision. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify or exclude any individual for inappropriate behaviour including but not limited to:
- tampering with the entry process, (including exceeding any limitation on the numbers of entries allowed), or any other process, which, in the opinion of the Promoter in any way affects the fairness of the promotion;
- tampering with the operation of the Promotion or the website of the Promoter;
- acting in violation of the terms of the Promotion;
- violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines on the social networking site;
- acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person;
- submitting entries on behalf of another individual; or
- any conduct which would put other entrants at an unfair disadvantage.
13. Details of the Winner’s name and county may be obtained by sending an email to email@example.com within 6 (“six”) weeks of the Closing Date.
15. Personal data supplied during the course of the Promotion will only be used for the purposes of the administration of the Promotion but may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the Prize. The Winner shall not be liable for the cost of delivering the Prize.
16. The Winner may be required to take part in reasonable publicity in connection with the Promotion, including the publication of their name(s), geographic location and photograph.
17. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Promotion or accepting the Prize. The Promoter further disclaims liability for any damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Promotion.
18. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control.
19. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter.