Murder on the Orient Express Facebook Live Competition Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions apply to the Murder on the Orient Express Facebook Live competition (the ”Competition”)
2. Entry to the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions, therefore, please read carefully.
3. No purchase is necessary.
4. The promoter (“Promoter”) of the Competition is comparethemarket.com, which is a trading name of BISL Limited, registered in England and Wales, company number 03231094 , whose registered office is Pegasus House, Bakewell Road, Orton Southgate, Peterborough, PE2 6YS (“the Promoter”) which is part of the BGL Group Limited.
5. The Competition is open only to UK residents who are aged 16+. (Excluding employees of the BGL Group, third parties involved in the Competition and their families).
6. To enter the Competition, entrants must comment on the Facebook Live feed with the correct answer followed by #meerkatmovies to one of the five riddles The Facebook Live feed, which will be hosted the Promotor’s Facebook Page. This comment must be either the first comment with the correct answer, or within the two minute period following that first correct answer. All comments meeting this criteria will be counted as entries (“the Entry”). Out of these Entries three will be chosen at random as Winners (”the Winners”).
7. Only one Entry per person will be accepted for the Competition.
8. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for incomplete entries or entries not properly received due to technical, communication or other problems. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
9. The Competition will run from 12:00 on 2 November 2017 until 12:45 on 2 November 2017 (“the Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date will not be accepted.
10. The prize (“the Prize”) is: 1 pair of tickets to each of the three Winners, to the Murder on the Orient Express Premiere (the ‘Event’) at Royal Albert Hall, Kensington Gore London, SW7 2AP (“Event Location”). Winners will receive a ticket for themselves, plus one ticket for a guest of their choice. Winners must make their own travel arrangements (travel and other expenses are not included). By entering the competition entrants accept and acknowledge that the Event is on the same day as the Competition. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for Winners’ ability to reach the Event (including but not restricted to Winners not being able to attend due to geographic location or time restraints).
11. There will be three individual Winners who will each win 2 tickets to the Event outlined in ‘section 10’.
12. The Winner shall be notified by the Promoter via, Facebook, Facebook private message or Facebook Messenger (‘the Notification’).
13. The Winner will then have 60 minutes from the sending of the Notification to respond to accept the Prize, if no response is received within this timeframe the Winner forfeits the Prize and an alternative winner will be chosen by random from the remaining entrants.
13. The Winner shall have between 17:00 and 18:30 on 2 November following notification of their win to collect their tickets. Collection must be in person from the Event Location.
14. In the event that the Prize is not claimed by this deadline, the Winner shall forfeit the Prize.
15. The Prize will be accepted at the Event at a designated location from the Promoter. Entrants must bring with them photographic ID in the form of a driving licence, passport or birth certificate. No other forms of ID will be accepted.
16. There shall be no alternative to the Prize although the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for one of equal value.
17. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter shall not enter into correspondence with respect to its decision. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify or exclude any individual for inappropriate behaviour including but not limited to:
- entries which, in the Promoter’s sole discretion, are inappropriate or derogatory to the subject matter of the Competition;
- tampering with the entry process, (including exceeding any limitation on the numbers of entries allowed), or any other process which, in the opinion of the Promoter, in any way affects the fairness of the Competition;
- tampering with the operation of the Competition or the website of the Promoter.
- acting in violation of the terms of the Competition;
- violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines on Facebook
- acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person;
- submitting entries on behalf of another individual; or any conduct which would put other entrants at an unfair disadvantage.
18. Details of the Winner’s name may be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 6 weeks of the Closing Date.
19. Personal data supplied during the course of the Competition will only be used for the purposes of the administration of the Competition but may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the Prize.
20. The Winner may be required to take part in reasonable publicity in connection with the Competition, including the publication of their name, geographic location and photograph both in print and online.
21. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the Prize. The Promoter further disclaims liability for any damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition
22. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something beyond its reasonable control, or that of a third party providing the Prize.
23. The Promoter shall not be liable for any additional expenses incurred by the Winner in connection with the Prize, including travel expenses and accommodation.
24. Winners must adhere to a code of conduct whilst at the Event, which confirms their agreement to the following:
- You will behave in a reasonable and sensible fashion at all times whilst at the studio;
- You will not remove any objects or vandalise or damage any location visited during the Event;
- You will not use any photographs taken during the Event for any purposes other than private non-commercial purposes.
- Access to certain parts of the Event will be subject to availability.
- You expressly understand and acknowledge that 20th Century Fox shall have the right to expel you from the Event if they consider, in its sole discretion, that you have breached the code of conduct.
25. Wheelchair access: it is your responsibility to inform the promoter of any wheelchair or similar access requirements whilst at the Event.
26. 20th Century Fox is not responsible for the administration of this promotion.
27. The Winners may be required to take part in reasonable publicity in connection with the prize, including the publication of their name, geographic location and photograph. This may include publication on the promoter’s website, in local national media and on social media websites.
28. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.