At Compare the Market (CtM), our purpose is to make great financial decision making a breeze for everyone, and that purpose drives us every day.
It’s why we’re on a mission to create an automated quoting engine, with the simplest of experiences, wrapped in a brand everyone loves!
We change lives by making it simple to switch and save money. So, when it comes to getting a better deal, it’s never been more blindingly obvious why you would choose Compare the Market.
We’d love you to be part of our journey.
In a fast-paced environment, in a department that is constantly evolving whilst delivering on business-critical priorities, the job of a Personal Assistant in Compare the Market is a challenging one. Whether it’s managing the diaries of your key stakeholders or it’s being involved in some wider event or activity, you will have a direct influence on the effectiveness of our leadership team.
This role focuses on providing professional and proficient support to our Product and Customer Directors in order that they can discharge their duties in an efficient and effective manner with increased productivity. You’ll use your experience in a wide range of activities, including diary management, supporting with the creation of reports and presentations, helping with prioritisation of activities, and working with the wider Personal Assistant community to deliver a consistent and efficient service.
You’ll be part of a great team, united around making an impact for ComparetheMarket, our customers and within the community.
Everyone is welcome.
We have a culture of creativity. We approach our work passionately, improve constantly and celebrate our wins at every turn. We are an inclusive workplace, and our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic, whole selves to work. Everyone is welcome. Be you.
This means we’re excited to hear from people with a range of skills, experiences, and ideas. We don’t expect you to tick all the boxes but would love to hear what makes you great for this role.
Some of the great things you’ll be doing:
• Pro-actively work with the Directors to ensure efficient use of their time and increase productivity
• Pro-actively manage the Directors complex diary and inbox according to their needs
• Manage high-level meetings including agenda planning, cycle of content management and minute taking
• Build and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external contacts across the business and be a key point of contact for any related inquiries, taking account of reputational impact in everything you do
• Ability to forward plan and act on your own initiative to horizon scan for upcoming challenges and action as appropriate
• Understand priorities within the department and pro-actively manage own workload and that of your team to ensure deadlines are met
• Create and promote a collaborative working environment and lead from the front, being a role model to the team
• Organise all aspects of meeting arrangement including paperwork, equipment, tech and catering
• Prepare presentations and reports, reconcile expenses, and use in-house finance systems proficiently.
• Organise travel and accommodation
What we want to see from you:
• Experience of supporting at Director level and above
• People management skills
• Strong work ethic, with a high standard of self-motivation
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to confidently deal with people at all levels
• Excellent attention to detail with focus on delivery
• IT literate, numerate and good analytical skills
• Flexible, innovative, and pro-active
• Strong organisational skills including time management
There’s something for everyone.
You’ll have the tools and autonomy to drive your own career, supported by a team of talented people. And then there’s our benefits. For us, it’s not just about a competitive salary and hybrid working, we care about what matters to you. From a generous holiday allowance and private healthcare to an electric car scheme and paid development, wellbeing and CSR days, we’ve pretty much got you covered.
'We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout the application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made, please let us know. We will work with you to make any appropriate arrangements.’