Our purpose is to make great financial decision making a breeze for everyone, and that purpose drives us every day.
It’s why we’re on a mission to create an automated quoting engine, with the simplest of experiences, wrapped in a brand everyone loves!
We change lives by making it simple to switch and save money. So, when it comes to getting a better deal, it’s never been more blindingly obvious why you would choose Compare the Market.
We’d love you to be part of our journey.
The new Partner Edge team at Compare the Market is forging a groundbreaking web platform that will serve as the operational core of our website and the epicentre of our customer's financial decision-making journey.
As a Senior Engineer specialising in money products, your role is critical.
Joining a squad of six engineers, your collaborative spirit will resonate across three additional squads and the wider business to foster innovation and drive impactful change. We entrust our engineers to be proactive, autonomous, and courageous in challenging the conventional, contributing significantly to the strategic direction of our entire team.
Everyone is welcome.
We have a culture of creativity. We approach our work passionately, improve constantly and celebrate our wins at every turn. We are an inclusive workplace, and our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic, whole selves to work. Everyone is welcome. Be you.
This means we’re excited to hear from people with a range of skills, experiences, and ideas. We don’t expect you to tick all the boxes but would love you to hear what makes you great for this role.
Some of the great things you will be doing:
• Collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering Leaders to architect solutions that not only meet current operational needs but also anticipate future trends in the financial services sector.
• Engaging with cross-functional engineering teams to streamline workflows and eliminate inefficiencies, with a particular focus on enhancing our money products like loans, credit cards, and savings accounts.
• Taking ownership of key stages of the development lifecycle for money products, ensuring that from design to deployment, every step reflects the unique security and compliance requirements of the financial industry.
• Embedding rigorous testing and security protocols into the software development process to produce robust and reliable financial services applications.
• Playing an active role in a community of practice for engineering, where you’ll contribute to and absorb collective wisdom, with an emphasis on financial technology advancements.
• Leading design critiques, piloting cutting-edge technologies, and assessing their technical viability to keep us at the forefront of money product comparison services.
• Overseeing all facets of technology deployment and service preparedness, ensuring that our solutions for money products are scalable, secure, and customer-centric.
• Actively participating in and contributing to our software development practices, championing best practices like pairing, code review, documentation excellence, and continuous delivery within the context of financial service product development.
• Providing mentorship to team members, fostering a culture of excellence and continuous improvement with a focus on financial product engineering.
What we need from you:
• Proven expertise in building sophisticated Web Applications, with a portfolio demonstrating your work on platforms for financial services.
• Direct experience within a financial institution, where you've contributed to the creation or enhancement of money products and services, is vital.
• A humble team player, you put the success of the team above your own and embrace learning from setbacks.
• A strong proponent of extreme programming, you're committed to a disciplined test-first approach, frequent deployments, and the collaborative nature of pair programming.
• A problem-solver who thrives in an agile environment, adept at recognizing challenges unique to financial services and innovating solutions that enhance customer engagement and satisfaction.
Our people bring our purpose to life.
We celebrate a culture of innovation and collaboration. With a team of over 300 skilled professionals, we embrace the latest tools and technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, AWS, Kafka, Java, Scala, Python, .Net Core, Node.js, and MongoDB.
There’s something for everyone.
We’re a place of opportunity. You’ll have the tools and autonomy to drive your own career, supported by a team of amazingly talented people.
And then there’s our benefits. For us, it’s not just about a competitive salary and hybrid working, we care about what matters to you. From a generous holiday allowance and private healthcare to an electric car scheme and paid development, wellbeing, and CSR days, we’ve pretty much got you covered!
'We are committed to offering equal chances to you throughout the application process, so if you require any special adjustments to be made, please let us know. We will work with you to make any appropriate arrangements.’