Keep your money in check with AutoSergei™
Connect your accounts and see all your bills in one place using your Meerkat app. Here’s how it works.
Lighten your life admin load
Manage your household bills and find chances to save with AutoSergei. This new, free service automatically searches your transactions for providers of regular bills. Then, it crunches the numbers and tells you whether your payments have reduced or increased since the last time you made them.
How does it work?
It works by linking your bank accounts and credit card accounts in your Meerkat app so you can:
- See all your accounts in one place – no need to log in to different banking apps.
- View regular payments and bills.
- Have all your regular bills split into categories, from breakdown cover to entertainment, so you can see the types of things you spend your money on.
- See whether your bills have increased since the last payment, so you can spot savings opportunities.
- Compare providers with us to see if you can save – from car insurance to energy to broadband.
Is it secure?
Absolutely. Our bill checking service is powered by Open Banking technology – the same as the banks use for their services. You’re the only person who can give permission for your data to be shared between your bank and Compare the Market. And all your personal data is encrypted to keep it safe.
What do I need to do to get it?
The service is part of the Meerkat app – you’ll see it under Your bills on the home screen. If you haven’t already got the app, you can download it free from the App Store or Google Play.
How do I sign up?
You need to be registered for online banking for the accounts you want to link to your Meerkat app. Have your log-in details handy (we can’t see these and we don’t store your log-in details either).
1. Open your Meerkat app and tap on Your bills.
2. You’ll see some screens that explain the service. Keep tapping Next until you’re asked to create a PIN to use to log into the app.
3. Follow the instructions to create your PIN.
4. Choose a bank or credit card provider you want to link to our service from the list – 90% of banks and providers are currently listed, and we’re adding more.
5. Confirm you give permission for Compare the Market to have read-only access to your account (this means we can’t move any money or make payments).
A few things you need to know…
Compare the Market has read-only access to your accounts – that means we can’t move any money or make any payments from your accounts.
Compare the Market never has access to your bank account details. We will never ask you for your password or PIN.
You can remove your connected accounts and your banking data from the app any time you want.