What does the insurance cover?
It’s important to start by saying that policies may differ from each other. In some policies items are included whereas in others they aren’t. Limits can vary. It is important therefore to check the terms and conditions to be sure you have the coverage you want.
Your kitten insurance policy will cover medical expenses but it won't cover routine visits to the vet or vaccinations or neutering.
The types of costs that can be insured against include:
- Vet Bills – these are the obvious and most important feature of a policy.
- Death by accident or illness - hopefully you won’t be worrying about this for a while, but if your kitten dies you can get back what you paid for it or what it could have sold for. Most policies will have an age limit which is typically seven to ten years for a kitten.
- Cover for advertising – if your kitten decides to explore too far away and goes missing, you can claim back the cost of putting up posters and even paying for a reward if found.
- Cattery fees - in the event that you’re hospitalised and you have no one else who can look after your kitten, this cover will pay for the use of a cattery. There are usually restrictions involving you being in hospital for a period of time in order for the cover to apply.
- Euthanasia, cremation and burial - if the worst came to the worst, some policies offer to pay a contribution to these costs.
- Dental cover - if your pet needs dental work this part of the policy will cover it. This usually only covers accidents but some policies may also cover illness.
With different types of cover available and policy inclusions differing why not get your own personalised quote today? It couldn’t be simpler. Enter your kitten’s details along with yours and let us do the rest. We’ll provide you will all the options available so you can make an informed choice about what is best for you.
Use comparethemarket.com now and insure your kitten from £3.78 per month**.
**50% of people can achieve a premium of £3.78 a month based on August 2016 cheapest premiums