Which Barclays Cash ISAs have the best terms and interest rates for me?
There are various types of Cash ISAs available at Barclays, each with their own terms and conditions.
The Barclays Instant Cash ISA offers a lower rate of interest than some of the other options however it provides instant access to your savings should you need to withdraw funds. You can open an account with just £1.00 and take advantage of the following interest rates:
- £1.00 – 14,999.: 0.80% AER/tax-free pa variable
- £15.000 - £29,999: 0.90% AER/tax-free pa variable
- £30,000 and above: 1.00% AER/tax-free pa variable
Another option would be a Barclays Flexible Cash ISA which offers a two or three year fixed-rate term (interest rates above that of a Barclays Cash ISA). Both allow you to make up to three withdrawals free of charge with each one up to 10% of the balance.
- 2 Year Fixed Term: 1.25% AER/tax-free pa
- 3 Year Fixed Term: 1.5% AER/tax-free pa. To be eligible for this rate, you need to be a Premier customer, either paying in £75,000 or more into a Barclays current account or having a minimum of £100,000 saved or invested with Barclays.
A Barclays Help to Buy ISA could also be another option for you if you are a first-time home buyer. You can save up to £1,200 in the first calendar month and up to £200 monthly onwards at a generous interest rate (2.27 AER/2.25% tax-free pa). On top of this, you will receive a 25% Government bonus on your acquired savings.