Who does it suit?
The account would bring an immediate £100 cash injection to anyone who wants to switch accounts to a new bank (terms and conditions apply).
You must stay in credit and have regular income over £750 entering your account each month as well as two direct debits being paid out to get the £5 monthly benefit. If you fail to meet the conditions in one month, you are still eligible in future months.
Any other small print?
- £100 switching reward
- You must use the banks ‘current account switch service’ and close your old account
- You must transfer all existing active credits and debits from your old account
- You have not claimed any other switching bonus from Halifax or another company in the Lloyds Banking Group since January 2012.
- An overdraft is not guaranteed and is subject to status.
- After six months, daily overdraft fees are payable if the overdraft is used.
How does it compare?
As we said, bank accounts are a competitive market and there are other accounts out there offering similar features.
For a wide-ranging look at what accounts are available it couldn’t be simpler. Just visit our current account comparison service. We can compare different current accounts to help you find one that’s just right for you.
All Halifax reward account details are based on information provided on halifax.co.uk data on 20 April 2016