Vaccines: You shouldn’t need any specific vaccines for your trip to Canada, but it may be advisable to get a Tetanus jab or booster, usually free on the NHS.
Tipping: Like the USA, Canada is a nation of tippers and you’ll be expected to follow suit. Here are some guidelines on tipping in common situations.
- Airport and hotel porters – $2 to $5 per bag
- Bar staff – 10-20% or follow a ‘keep the change’ rule
- Hotel maid service –$2 to $5 per day or a lump sum at the end of your stay
- Waiting staff at restaurants – 15-20% unless a tip has already been added to the bill
- Taxi drivers – between 10-20%
- Parking attendants – $5 to $10 when picking up your car
- Salons – a tip of 15-20% is usual for hair stylists, beauticians and masseurs