What items are covered in my travel insurance policy?
Here’s the best part. In most cases travel insurance with gadget cover will cover pretty much all electronic devices and handheld technology. Hooray! As this is sold as an additional extra by the insurer you’ll need to double check the levels of cover offered.
Items that are most certainly covered include:
- Mobile phone (smartphone / iPhone)
- Digital Camera / Camera Lenses
- iPad / Tablet
- Games Console
- iPod / MP3 Players
- Kindle / e-reader
- Sat Nav
- DVD Player
- In-car computers
- Bluetooth headsets
- Headphones / Earphones
What are the different levels of gadget insurance?
The levels of gadget travel insurance vary. The economy level usually consists of three gadgets with a maximum cover of £1,000. The next tier up is standard, which protects five of your gadgets with a cover value of £2,000. This is followed by the premier level, which can cover seven gadgets to the value of £3,000.
In addition to the different levels that come with gadget insurance, insurers also offer three different types of insurance when it comes to length of stay:
- Single trip: which offers cover for up to 90 days
- Long stay: which offers 12 month cover
- Annual multi-trip: which can offer cover for an unlimited number of trips within a 12 month period, subject to a maximum trip duration of either 31 days, 45 days, 62 days or 92 days.
Compare travel insurance with gadget cover
Have a browse through our site to find the right travel insurance with gadget cover for your expensive tech, so you can travel with peace of mind and a selfie stick at the ready.