Should I take out annual travel insurance?
What is annual travel insurance?
Annual travel insurance is a multi-trip policy that covers you for unlimited trips each year.
It’s an all-in-one policy. Pay once and you’re covered for the year.
That means you can just focus on enjoying your holidays!
Should I take out single-trip insurance instead?
It depends on how many holidays you take.
If you only go away once or twice a year, it might be cheaper to cover each trip separately.
But, if you go away a lot, an annual policy could be cheaper overall.
Plus, you only need to set it up and manage one policy.
What does annual travel insurance cover?
Annual travel insurance can cover:
- Medical expenses
- Holiday cancellation and curtailment
- Missed departures and delays
- Stolen, lost or damaged luggage
- Personal belongings and money
What isn’t covered by annual travel insurance?
Annual travel insurance won’t usually cover:
- Medical treatment for pre-existing conditions
- High-risk sports and activities
- Previously announced airline strikes
- Travel to destinations the FCDO has advised against
- Incidents involving alcohol or drug abuse
How do I get annual travel insurance?
You can compare annual travel insurance quotes with Comparethemarket.
Just pop in a few details and we’ll compare dozens of providers to get you a quote in minutes.