Restaurant insurance quotes

Get a whole year of Meerkat Meals & Meerkat Movies*

Get a whole year of Meerkat Meals & Meerkat Movies*

Restaurant insruance quotes

Frequently asked questions

  • What type of insurance might I need?
  • How do I get started?

What type of insurance might I need?

Restaurants can have a number of insurance needs to ensure the business is protected in the event of unexpected claims for losses or damages.

Your restaurant may have food, furniture, and expensive specialist kitchen equipment, which are essential to keep the business running smoothly and might need protecting against theft and damage. Any disruption to a restaurant can be especially damaging too, as your customers rely on your availability.

You’ll need to consider what cover is required to protect against claims from members of the public in the restaurant. If you employ staff you are legally required to have employers’ liability insurance..

There are several types of insurance that can help protect your restaurant:

Public liability insurance: If someone becomes ill because of the food you’ve provided, or slips and falls on your premises, you could claim on your insurance to cover any compensation due to them, or any legal costs if they take you to court.

Contents insurance: This typically provides cover for all your stock if there was a break-in or a fire. It can also cover furniture, fittings, tills, kitchen equipment, and possibly freezer contents too. A further option is the protection of any cash on the premises.

Employer’s liability insurance: If you have employees, then this insurance is a legal requirement. It can cover you if any of them is injured or becomes ill as a result of working for you.

Business interruption insurance: This insurance can help cover any loss of income in the event trading is interrupted and at worst you have to close your restaurant for a period of time.

Buildings insurance: If you own the building where your restaurant is located you might want buildings insurance to cover the cost of repairing any damage to the structure of your building, or rebuilding it if necessary.. If you rent the space then your landlord should be responsible for the buildings insurance.

How do I get started?

All you need to do is start a quote with us and we'll help you find the most competitive prices for the different types of insurance you may need for your restaurant.

Related products