Business broadband and phone packages
Whether you choose to compare together or separately, we’ll help you find the right package to suit your business needs.
Or call the experts at Bionic on:0800 188 4925
How can I find the right broadband or phone deal for my business?
With so many options available, it can be tricky to know exactly what you should be looking for to get the right deal. We can help. All you need to do is:
- Give us your postcode so we can find your business address and let you know what fibre broadband and phone options are available in your area
- Select your business type so we can find options tailored to your specific business needs
- You’ll then be invited to set up a phone call with our experts at Bionic, at your convenience. If you’re happy to have the call, they’ll answer any questions and present you with your customised quotes. Providing you’re happy with your quotes, Bionic can set up everything for you over the phone.
We compare prices across many well known business broadband and phone suppliers
Looking for Meerkat Meals or Meerkat Movies?
Business broadband is not a qualifying product; however, compare prices now and find the right cover for you.
What is business broadband?
Business broadband packages are specifically tailored for small and medium-sized businesses.
Although packages might be a bit more expensive than home broadband deals, the extra features they provide are essential for the smooth everyday running of many companies. Features include:
- Better security
- 24/7 customer support
- Faster and more consistent speeds
- Additional services like VoIP (voice over internet protocol) – where you use the internet to make and receive phone calls
Packages vary between suppliers, so it’s a good idea to compare business broadband and phone providers, to find out what’s on offer and switch to the right deal for your business needs.
What types of business broadband are available?
ADSL: A basic business ADSL line could be enough for a small business. ADSL uses the same line as your landline phone service. ADSL broadband is available virtually everywhere.
Fibre: This option is much faster than ADSL and uses underground cables (fibre optic) made of plastic or glass. Fibre can be ideal for business, but it’s not yet available everywhere. Switching to fibre broadband won’t have any impact on your business phone line, you’ll simply benefit from a faster internet connection.
Why do I need business broadband?
In today’s digital world, it’s almost impossible to remain competitive without internet access and some form of online presence.
Did you know?
In 2020, the amount of money spent on online retail sales increased by 46.1%, compared with 2019. It was the biggest yearly increase for 12 years, according to the Office for National Statistics.
From emails to e-commerce, reliable, safe and fast internet access can be vital for the day-to-day running of your business.
For example, if you run a server or make VoIP calls, you’ll need a static IP address. If you host a website, you’ll need guaranteed bandwidth at peak times to make sure your connection doesn’t drop out when it’s most needed. Many business broadband providers will prioritise business broadband traffic over residential customers. This means your connection won’t be affected by having a number of other users on the same line, and it shouldn’t slow down at busy times of the day. Typically, business customers get priority customer support too.
Good online security not only protects your business, it also shows you’re trustworthy and credible. Business broadband packages tend to have better security features included as standard.
Ultimately, a home broadband package might not be enough for your business needs.
Why do I need a business phone line?
It’s easy to dismiss the need for a landline at home, given how most of us carry mobiles or smartphones at all times. But if you have a business, you’ll know the importance of being connected to the outside world. A landline connection can bring many benefits to your business.
Having a business landline offers a reliable line of communication to your business, and having a landline number on your website can be very important in promoting trust and authority, especially if you’re an online retailer or service provider.
Getting a dedicated business line for your business could also be more cost-effective than using a domestic line. You can customise and tailor your call plans based on your business needs and get exclusive business rates. If you make a lot of outgoing calls, for instance, you could save money with a plan that offers unlimited calls to landlines and mobiles.
If your business has customers or clients overseas, a call package that includes international destinations could be cost effective.
When you switch your business phone line with us, all packages are fixed price contracts. That means no nasty surprises when your bill lands each month, making managing cashflow and budgeting easier.
What do I need to start comparing business broadband and phone deals?
As with all broadband and phone line deals, the business broadband speeds and phone packages you’ll have access to will depend on where you’re based.
You can choose to compare business broadband and phone deals together or separately.
To start a business broadband, or business broadband and phone comparison, just give us your company postcode and we’ll use smart data to find out the rest. This helps us cut down the amount of form-filling you have to do.
One of our tech experts will give you a quick call to compare costs, speeds and contract lengths, and help you choose the right solution to suit the needs of your business.
Once you’ve found your perfect package, you can leave the rest to us. We’ll take care of everything for you, and keep you informed every step of the way. If you want to run a business phone line comparison, we’ll take care of that too. Start comparing business broadband and phone deals now.
Frequently asked questions
Should I bundle my business phone line and broadband?
When comparing business phone deals and business broadband deals, it’s always worth seeing if you could save money with a business phone line and broadband bundle from the same supplier. Most suppliers will offer packages that include either fibre broadband and phone, or ADSL broadband and phone.
These deals are often more cost-effective and convenient than getting separate deals for your landline and internet connections, as you’ll only have one bill each month.
As with all phone and broadband deals, you need to make sure your bundle only includes exactly what you need and no needless extras.
Do I have enough phone lines to manage all my business calls?
If your business handles a large volume of calls, having a dedicated business phone line means you set up multiple lines, either as extensions from the main line or separate phone lines. This is also useful if your business has employees who need their own direct line, for example for sales teams, so customers aren’t kept waiting.
Business phone line providers also offer additional services that can help you manage calls or use your phone system more effectively. Some, but not all, could come as standard:
- Call diversion. Typically this allows you to divert any calls to another phone, including mobiles. That’s handy if you’re not working in your normal place. If your line is already busy, it can divert a new incoming call to another phone automatically – included as standard.
- Call waiting. This alerts you to another incoming call with a discreet noise, so you can decide whether to take the new call – included as standard.
- Caller display. Here the number of the person calling you will pop up on the display, so you can decide whether to answer – included as standard.
- Anonymous caller reject. You can avoid receiving calls from people who have withheld their number, cutting out timewasting spam and nuisance calls. The caller will get a message telling them to redial without withholding their number – included as standard.
- Call barring. Automatically block certain calls of your choice and prevent particular types of outgoing calls, for example to premium numbers – additional monthly cost.
- Automatic ring back. Calls back people who ring when your line is busy – additional monthly cost.
- Additional phone lines. Additional monthly cost.
- Three-way calling. Allows you to dial in someone else to a call (useful if you need a quick answer from a colleague during a call) – additional monthly cost.
- Conference calling. You can bring lots of people together from different locations on a call – additional monthly cost.
Bear in mind not every provider offers the same extra services as standard. Some will charge extra on top of the cost of your package. That’s why it pays to compare what’s on offer and tailor a deal to suit your exact needs – there’s no point in paying for services that you don’t want or use.
Should I cap the cost of my business phone calls?
If you’re on a tight budget and worried about soaring call costs, it’s worth considering putting a cap on the costs of your business calls. If you want to just cap specific calls - international calls, for instance – this will need to be agreed when you sign up to your new deal. Make sure you run a thorough comparison and only choose a package that suits your exact needs.
If you simply want to cut the cost of everyday calls to the UK, it might be worth considering an unlimited calls package instead of choosing a price cap. Unlimited deals allow you to make as many calls as you need at certain times of the day, for no extra cost. This could be particularly useful if your business operates mainly at evenings and weekends.
How can I get a good wireless signal all around my office?
To get a good wireless signal, you need a strong connection via a long-range wireless router. If you have a large office, you might want to consider more than one router and multiple access points.
If you have a small office with fewer than 10 workers, a single router should be enough. The location of your router will also make a difference to the wireless signal, so place it as centrally as possible and try to keep it away from outside walls or any other equipment that could interfere with its signal.
What do I need to get a quote?
To get suitable business broadband and business phone quotes, simply:
- Enter your postcode and address – to see what deals are available in your area
- Choose to compare broadband or phone, or both
- Choose your business type, so we can find options tailored to your specific business needs
- You’ll be invited to have an offline phone call when it suits you – now or later – with our experts at Bionic. They can answer your questions and give you your quotes over the phone
You’ll soon be able to discover which broadband and phone options are right for you.
If you’d like to speak to the experts at Bionic right now, simply call 0800 188 4951 to get quotes straight away.