Items to consider covering
University and college policies often include other useful cover including:
- Theft of your bag and contents while in transit between home and halls.
- Damage to your items due to faulty laundry equipment or broken fridges and freezers.
- Theft of items from communal areas if it’s the result of forced entry.
If your place of study has such a policy in place, this is a great start. You should also:
- Check you are happy with policy limits. This is a maximum limit that the insurance provider will pay out on any item or group of items.
- Remember that accidental damage cover isn’t included so if you break or damage something, you’re not covered.
- Consider adding cover to protect your possessions when you’re out and about in general by getting additional cover.
- Decide whether to add items expressly excluded such as your bicycle.