Carpenters & Joiners Public Liability Insurance Quotes

Whether you’re a carpenter, working on site installing anything from a new staircase to a fitted book case or a joiner, using artisan skills to create something special for a client in your workshop – you’re going to need specialist insurance.

When a job goes well, happy customers will help to grow your business. If things go badly wrong, they could leave you with more than a headache. Insurance is invaluable to help protect you financially.

What is public liability cover for carpenters and joiners?

We live in a more litigious society than ever. Should someone be injured as a result of your work, or damage occurs to their property due to it, they may decide to claim against you.

Such cases can be time consuming. That means the potential for large legal bills and it could get worse. If the court rules against you, you could face a compensation claim. For a small business, this could be crippling.

Public liability cover for carpenters and joiners could cover compensation awarded as well as the legal bills. Terms and conditions will vary by insurance provider so make sure you’ve got the level of cover that you need.

What other elements can be covered under Carpenters and Joinery insurance?

As well as public liability, there are other risks that you may need to be taken into account. These could include:

This type of cover is mandated by law. Unless you’re a sole trader, or all your employees are direct family members, you must have employers’ liability cover.

This can protect you against any claims that arise if one of your employees either injures themselves or becomes ill as a result of their work.

Do remember that once you have a policy, you need to keep up to date with health and safety at work regulations – if you don’t, it might invalidate your cover.

  •  Tools and equipment cover

As a carpenter or joiner, you’re bound to have an array of tools and equipment for use in your work. Often the value of these items is much greater than you think. You can opt to protect these as part of your Carpenters and Joiners policy. That means you won't have to worry about how you'll afford to replace them if they are stolen.

Having your equipment replaced fast is important too – you’re not going to be able to work without your tools, so a good claims service is important to consider.

  • Contract works insurance

Picture the scene – you’re just completing the framework for an extension project and an unexpected storm destroys the lot. It’s no-one’s fault, but someone needs to pay for the replacement work. Will it be you, or your client?

Contract works insurance can help put an end to this dilemma. It can cover the works in progress on a site for most damage or loss, including fire, flood, storm, malicious damage and theft. The policy will insure the item as it is being built, and also the materials and fittings so that both you and your customer are protected.

How do I compare carpenters and joiners insurance?

If you're looking for insurance that is as unique and specialised as your business, we can help you compare your options. We’ve made the job of comparing policies and prices really simple.

Just complete our online form – you can tailor it to carpenters and joiners insurance so your search results will be completely relevant to your trade. We'll then get back to you with a list of policies so you can get back to making brilliant things for your customers.

Looking for a Quote?

Get a business insurance quote in seconds and start saving

Get a quote