Here’s what they found out…
Their report highlights confusion around bills as the biggest barrier to consumers making the most of the very competitive energy plans currently available.
Other reasons for not switching suppliers include:
- a lack of trust in energy companies
- not having access to the internet
- a lack of awareness that it’s actually possible to change suppliers
Some consumers said they felt energy companies just “don’t speak the same language”.
The report also explores other issues within the energy market, including:
- how the roll-out of smart meters will impact our homes
- what we can learn from other countries about how simple bills could work