General household security tips
• Get an approved burglar alarm
• Set your alarm every time you leave the property, even for a few minutes.
• Install good quality double locks on external doors
• Install good quality locks on all windows
• Don’t leave valuables – computers, other electrical equipment, jewellery etc. – close to windows
• Get a lockable safe where you can store valuables or bank statements, receipts and invoices should you need to
• Don’t forget your garden sheds and garages – install locks here as well
• Put ladders away when you are not using them.
So if you’re not already a member, why not get together with your neighbours and apply to set up a Neighbourhood Watch scheme?
To compare home insurance use our home insurance comparison service and see how much being a member of the neighbourhood watch could save you today.