Faith Archer is an award-winning money journalist, previously Deputy Personal Finance Editor at The Daily Telegraph and now a columnist at Woman & Home and blogger at Much More With Less.
Faith aims to make money matters easier to understand, with practical tips on everything from household bills and family budgeting to investments, pensions and tax.
Faith commenting on life insurance...
“No one wants to think about dying, but life insurance can help protect your loved ones financially if the worst happens.
Do consider how much your family would need to get by if you weren’t around. Clearing the mortgage might not be enough if they couldn’t afford food and heating.
The good news is that if you compare life insurance quotes, you’ll find that the younger you are when you take out a policy, the cheaper it’s likely to be.”
Hacks to cut your petrol bills
While it’s obvious that driving less will reduce your spending on fuel, you don’t need to ditch your car completely to cut consumption. Changing your driving habits can make substantial savings. Plus, saving on petrol also has environmental benefits, reducing carbon emissions and pollution.Read more
How to make sure you're financially protected at every life stage
Let’s be honest, none of us like to think about dying as it's too depressing. But when you consider figures from Royal London, which show that nearly six out of every 10 of us die without a will, it seems like when it comes to passing away, few of us accept that it will ever actually happen.Read more
All articles by Faith Archer
- Mortgage Life Insurance
- Mis-sold life insurance
- What age should I take out life insurance?
- Life insurance for seniors
- Life Insurance and Inheritance tax
- A Guide To Inheritance Tax
- Death in Service Cover
- How to ask your boss for a pay rise when there isn't any money
- Financial lessons kids can learn from Animal Crossing and other online games
- Covid two years on: What you can do if you’re struggling for money
- Social media gurus: what to watch out for and what to do if you’re not happy
- Tax tips that can save women serious cash
- How to make sure you’re financially protected at every life stage
- Funding Fertility: how to get a good deal when paying for treatment
- Great apps for managing your money and your mental health
- Has Covid left you paying for insurance you can’t use?
- Matched betting: bad for your money and your mental health
- How to be quids in with cashback
- Why mental health can cost you on your insurance and what to do about it
- Protect your digital legacy – what it’s really worth and what you need to do to pass it on to your loved ones
- Dog thefts up 250% during the pandemic: Here's how to keep your pooch safe
- How to get ready for Christmas without breaking the bank
- Hacks to cut your petrol bills
- The Pink Tax: how women are charged more on products from mortgages to moisturiser
- How to use Monopoly to teach your kids about money
- Tips to take the stress out of travelling
- The secrets to cheaper, better car insurance
- Hacks to cut the cost of your back-to-work commute
- Whole of Life Insurance
- Can I have more than one life insurance policy?
- Life insurance for business owners
- A guide to funeral cover
- How Much Does A Funeral Cost?
- Gifting money to grandchildren