Samsung Galaxy S21 deals
The new Samsung Galaxy S21 isn’t exactly an upgrade of its recent phones – in fact, Samsung has removed some specs from this new model. But there’s good reason for this. By dropping a couple of features, Samsung has been able to offer a cheaper phone than the S20.
The tweaks are subtle – for example, the S21 has a flat rather than curved edge design. It also has a plastic-type back instead of the sleeker glass back of the S20. And while the screen display has a lower resolution than the S20, it still delivers strong, bright colours and a smooth scrolling experience – unless you’re really into tech, you should hardly notice the difference in quality.
One possible downside is the lack of a Micro SD slot, so you can’t up the storage. That said, the S21 comes with either 128GB or 256GB internal storage, which should be enough for the average user.
With a powerful Exynos 2100 chipset and improved camera software, the Galaxy S21 is still a fantastic phone offering a more affordable price tag for those looking to buy into the Galaxy S-series.
Use our quick and easy comparison tool to find the latest deals for the Samsung Galaxy S21.
Samsung Galaxy S21 specs and features
Here are some of the main features the Samsung Galaxy S21 offers:
- 6.2 inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X Full HD display
- 120Hz refresh rate for smoother and more responsive scrolling
- 2400 x 1080 resolution
- Android 11 OS
- Exynos 2100 chipset
- 128 GB or 256 GB storage
- 10MP selfie front camera
- Triple-lens rear cameras – 12MP + 64MP + 12MP
- 30x digital zoom
- Tripod lock steadying feature
- Single Take camera mode
- Director’s View mode
- Dual SIM
- Fast charging, long lasting battery
- 5G capable
- Dust and water resistant (up to 1.5 metres for 30 minutes)
How good is the camera on the Samsung Galaxy S21?
While the actual cameras are the same as Galaxy S20, there are some software improvements for the S21. These include:
- Single Take – take a variety of photos using all three rear cameras with a single click of the shutter button
- New slow-mo – option optimises shots of fast-moving subjects, such as animals and children , who may find it harder to remain still for a photograph
- Director’s View mode – take photos with both the front and rear cameras at the same time – ideal for vloggers who want reaction shots included in their main footage
- Beyond cinematic 8K resolution – enables you to snap photos right from video
- Tripod lock – steadies the camera for clearer zoom shots
What’s the battery life like for the Samsung Galaxy S21?
The Samsung Galaxy S21 comes with a 4000mAh battery that should comfortably last you through a whole day.
According to Samsung, on a fully charged battery, you should be able to achieve:
- up to 15 hours internet usage (Wi-Fi)
- up to 20 hours video playback
- up to 68 hours audio playback
- up to 33 hours talk time (4G LTE)
However, it’s likely the battery will run out of juice a lot sooner if you’re using power-hungry features like GPS, Bluetooth or the 120Hz ‘Adaptive’ mode refresh rate.
The S21 can be charged with Samsung’s 25W fast-charger, and it’s also compatible with Qi wireless charging.
Just be aware that the Galaxy S21 doesn’t come with a charger – if you don’t already have a compatible USB-C charger, you’ll have to buy one separately from Samsung.
How much does the Samsung Galaxy S21 cost?
The Samsung Galaxy S21 is by no means a ‘cheap’ phone – you’ll still be paying in the high hundreds for a quality, flagship handset. But it’s certainly a couple of hundred pounds cheaper than the S20 launch price.
Finding a great-value deal for the Samsung Galaxy S21
We’ve made it fast and easy to find a Samsung Galaxy S21 deal:
- Simply click on the link, then choose Samsung Galaxy S21 in the ‘I want a new phone’ box
- Browse through the latest deals or filter down your results by monthly cost, contract length, data limit and preferred network
Check out the latest Samsung Galaxy S21 deals to see what’s on offer
Why use Compare the Market?
- Compare the latest mobile phone deals for your favourite brands and networks in one easy place
- 92.4%^ of users would recommend Compare the Market to friends or family
For the period 1st March to 31st May 2021, 9,781 people responded to the recommend question. 9,033 responded with a score of 6 or above, therefore 92.4% are likely to recommend.
Frequently asked questions
When did the Samsung Galaxy S21 come out?
The release date for the Samsung Galaxy S21 in the UK was 29 January 2021.
Does the Samsung Galaxy S21 come with 5G?
Yes, it does. All phones in the S21 series are 5G compatible - 4G-only models aren’t available.
What accessories come with the Samsung Galaxy S21?
In the box you’ll get the phone and a USB-C cable only – there’s no charging brick. This is because Samsung is trying to cut down on electronic waste , and they reckon existing Samsung owners will have a compatible charger already.
If you don’t have one, you can buy a 25W fast charger separately from Samsung.
What was the last phone released by Samsung?
The Samsung Galaxy S21 follows the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE.
What are the colour options for the Samsung Galaxy S21?
The Samsung Galaxy S21 is available in:
- Phantom violet
- Phantom grey
- Phantom white
- Phantom pink