Cavalier King Charles Spaniel insurance
Get a whole year of Meerkat Meals & Meerkat Movies*
Why choose a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel?
With their ever-wagging tails, love of cuddles and constant need to please, the gorgeous Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is hard to resist. The smallest of the spaniel breed is probably the gentlest and quietest, too. For that reason, they’re often used as therapy dogs.
Your Cavalier King Charles means the world to you, so you'll want to look after him or her as best you can. Walking, grooming and cuddling are all important, but as owners you’ll also be responsible for maintaining their health. That’s why Cavalier King Charles Spaniel insurance could help you and your pet.
Do Cavalier King Charles Spaniels have any known health conditions?
Cavalier King Charles Spaniels can be vulnerable to a number of hereditary conditions. It doesn't mean your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel will develop a condition. But they may be at a higher risk than other breeds of suffering from the following conditions:
- back problems
- dry eyes
- heart conditions
Having good pet insurance can give you peace of mind if your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel does become unwell.
What types of pet insurance policies are there?
There are four main types of pet insurance for dogs that you can choose:
To see how the policies differ and to help you find the right insurance for you and your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, see our guide to pet insurance.
Tips for keeping your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel healthy and happy
- Diet: Try to feed your Spaniel a balanced diet of natural foods, to provide them with all the nutrients they need. It’s also a good idea to split your pup’s daily food allowance in two, to help keep their energy levels up across the entire day. Ask for advice from your vet if you need guidance on your dog’s diet.
- Exercise: Provide your dog with at least one hour of physical activity a day, whether it’s playing with a toy, running for a ball or going for a walk.
- Staying social: Plenty of social interaction with both dogs and humans can help your Spaniel stay happy and confident. You could reach out to fellow dog-owners in your area, for the chance to give your pup regular play dates.
- Vet check-ups: Visits to the vet are never fun. But regular check-ups are vital for your pup’s long-term health and happiness. Keep up to date with all your dog’s vaccinations, as well as booking them in for de-worming and de-fleaing, when required.
- Spaniel ears: Your Spaniel’s gorgeously floppy ears need a fair amount of care to keep them free from infection. Look to clean your dog’s ears with a cotton bud and a good dog-friendly cleaning solution, at least once a week to keep them free from bacteria.
- Oral health: Regular teeth brushing will help deal with bad doggie breath and keep gum disease away. The use of dental sticks and dental chews can help with your pup’s oral hygiene, too.
Frequently asked questions
What is third party pet insurance and do I need it?
Lovable as your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is, your dog is potentially capable of doing damage to people and property. This is where third-party pet insurance can help protect you from any claims made against you. Third-party pet insurance is standard on many pet insurance policies. Double check the details of your existing pet policy first, as you may already have it.
What if my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is lost or stolen?
Hopefully, your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel won’t ever get lost or be stolen. But if the unthinkable happens, some pet insurance policies can help you by offering a reward for finding your dog.
Or the policy may provide compensation if he or she isn’t found, up to the price you bought your pet for – unless otherwise stated.
Why should I compare Cavalier King Charles Spaniel insurance with Compare the Market?
You don't need to waste time ringing different pet insurance companies – we’ll do the legwork for you. To start, simply tell us about you, your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and what type of cover you’d like. Then we’ll search a selection of the UK’s pet insurance providers and give you a list of quotes in order of the cheapest price first.
What do I need to get a quote?
To compare insurance with Compare the Market, you’ll need to know:
- your pet’s breed type, age and gender
- whether your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has a microchip
- how much you donated or bought your dog for
- whether your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has been neutered, or spayed
What our expert says
“Spaniels are often considered to be a high-maintenance breed, in part thanks to their luscious coats and floppy ears.
“A good healthcare routine for Spaniels should always include ear-hygiene and regular de-fleaing, so they can stay happy and healthy into old age.”
Then you'll like these