What does Plusnet offer?
BT-owned but independently run, Plusnet offers a range of broadband deals, some include phone and/or TV.
Looking for a landline and broadband? Then you’ll get a reduced monthly broadband rate for as long as you keep your phone service with them. As with most providers, you’ll need to pay line rental on top of your monthly broadband bill.
The company offers three types of unlimited broadband:
- Unlimited offers speeds of up to 17Mb and is good for general use.
- Unlimited Fibre offers speeds of up to 38Mb and is great for downloading, streaming and gaming.
- Unlimited Fibre Extra gives you superfast download speeds of up to 76Mb and is ideal if you have lots of devices all online at the same time.
Frequently asked questions
What are the different Plusnet packages?
Plusnet offers a range of home broadband packages with phone included.
Unlimited Fibre customers receive the Plusnet Hub One – Plusnet’s fastest ever router. They can also add YouView TV, which includes 70 Freeview TV and radio channels and on-demand content, as well as the 20 premium entertainment channels and BT Sport Lite.
What about extras?
- All Plusnet packages come with wireless routers included.
- Also included are Plusnet Protect to protect you from phishing, spam and viruses. Plusnet SafeGuard helps you filter inappropriate web content.
What’s Plusnet’s customer service like?
According to Ofcom’s 2017 customer service study, 86% of Plusnet’s broadband customers were satisfied with the service.
How do I switch?
Plusnet could have you up and running in as little as 10 days. If you’re currently with Sky, BT or TalkTalk, simply sign up and Plusnet will do the rest.
If you’re moving from Virgin Media or another cable provider, you’ll need to contact your old supplier to cancel your service. Plusnet recommends doing this after receiving the activation date for your new service.
How do I compare broadband deals?
The broadband market is very competitive, so do your research before signing up to a new provider. There are usually plenty of offers from the various suppliers.
With Compare the Market, you can easily compare broadband deals for your area simply by entering your postcode, and get a quote in less than 1 minute.
We can list the relevant package details including:
- monthly charges
- line rental, speeds
- connection costs
- download limits
- any extras or freebies
**On average it can take less than 1 minute to complete a broadband quote through Compare the Market based on data in February 2020.