What does the iPhone 13 offer?
After months of anticipation, the wait is finally over. The iPhone 13 is now officially available to buy in the UK.
And while the overall design hasn’t changed much from the iPhone 12, the latest flagship offering from Apple comes with some very welcome upgrade features – notably, a brighter display, faster and more efficient processor and improved cameras.
Add to that a longer battery life and even more storage, it’s safe to say the iPhone 13 is a very worthy replacement for the already impressive iPhone 12.
Use our handy comparison tool to find out the latest deals available for the brand-new iPhone 13.
How much does the iPhone 13 cost?
If you want to buy an iPhone 13 SIM-free outright, it’ll set you back a fair amount.
But if you’re itching to get your hands on one without a hefty upfront cost, a monthly contract deal could help spread the payments for your new iPhone 13 over several months.Compare deals
What specs does the iPhone 13 have?
Here’s a quick rundown of what you’ll get for your money:
- 6.1 inch Super Retina XDR OLED display
- 2532 x 1170 pixel resolution
- A15 Bionic chip, 6-core CPU, 4-core graphics processor and 16-core Neutral Engine
- Dual 12MP camera system: True Depth wide and ultra-wide cameras
- Ultra-wide lens with f/2.4 aperture and 120° field of view
- Sensor-Shift OIS
- ‘Photographic Styles’ image processing
- ‘Cinematic mode’ video recording
- Face ID
- 128GB, 256GB or 512GB storage capacity
- Up to 19 hours video playback
- Up to 75 hours audio playback
- Dual SIM (nano and eSIM)
- Wireless and fast charging capable
- Longer-lasting battery – up to 2.5 hours more than iPhone 12
- 5G Smart Data mode
- Water resistant (max depth of 6 metres up to 30 minutes)
- Choice of five colours
What is the iPhone 13 camera like?
Apple have made some welcome improvements to the camera system. Notably:
- A new ultra-wide camera with a faster sensor enabling sharper details and colours for clearer low-light shots
- A new wide camera which captures 47% more light
- New sensor-shift stabilisation to keep the shot steady and counteract any slight shaking when taking a photo
- Smart photographic Styles presets that automatically adjust the colours while preserving natural skin tones, so there’s no need to apply filters after
- Smart HDR 4 exposure feature which can optimise the individual skin tones, contrast and lighting for up to four people in a scene.
For budding filmmakers, Apple have also added a Cinematic Video mode which uses a ‘rack focus’ technique – that’s professional talk for automatically changing focus while you’re filming. It enables you to ‘guide the story’ just like professional camera operators do.
Does it have 5G?
Not only does the iPhone 13 have more 5G bands for greater 5G coverage, it also has a handy 5G Smart Data mode. This means your iPhone will automatically switch down to 4G to help save you power when you don’t need 5G speeds.
What do I need to find a deal?
Finding an iPhone 13 deal though Compare the Market is simple:
- Click the ‘find a deal’ button below to start comparing iPhone deals
- Choose ‘I want a new phone’ and click on iPhone 13
Browse through the list of latest iPhone 13 deals or filter down your results by monthly cost, contract length, data limit and preferred network.Find a deal
Why use Compare the Market?
92.4%^^ of users would recommend Compare the Market to friends or family
A quick and easy way to compare a wide range of mobile phone deals for your favourite brands and networks
^^For the period 1st March to 31st May 2021, 9,781 people responded to the recommend question. 9,033 responded with a score of 6 or above, therefore 92.4% are likely to recommend.
Frequently asked questions
What comes in the iPhone 13 box?
The iPhone 13 comes with a USB-C to Lightning cable and Apple documentation.
When did the iPhone 13 come out?
The iPhone 13’s UK release date was on 24 September 2021.
What colours does it come in?
The iPhone 13 is available in five colours: Product red, Starlight (white), Midnight (black), blue and a new shimmering pink.
How does the iPhone 13 differ from the iPhone 12?
While the overall look of the iPhone 13 is very similar to the iPhone 12, the most notable improvements are the extra camera and cinematography features, longer battery life, a faster and more power-efficient processor and a brighter screen that offers better visibility in sunlight.