Why choose Vodafone?
One of the ‘Big Four’ mobile network providers, Vodafone offers coverage across 99% of the UK.
But the stand-out feature of Vodafone is its great range of international roaming options. Vodafone Global Roaming plans can be used in up to 155 destinations around the world – including 47 European towns with 5G.
Also, Vodafone customers can benefit from a fantastic choice of entertainment packs and rewards.
Frequently asked questions
What coverage does Vodafone offer?
Vodafone offers excellent coverage across the UK – its 4G, 3G and 2G networks cover 99% of the country – second only to EE.
Vodafone’s 5G coverage is currently available in 250 locations. This includes not only 57 places in the UK, but also 193 locations across Italy, Spain, Germany and Ireland. Vodafone is the first network provider to offer customers 5G abroad.
What tariffs and plans does Vodafone offer?
You can compare the following Vodafone deals through us:
Contract phone deals
All Vodafone’s monthly phone contracts are for 24 months.
Choose from data-capped monthly phone plans or unlimited plans.
As you’d expect, there’s a decent choice of handsets including top brands like Samsung, Huawei and Apple iPhone.
SIM only deals
Vodafone offers a great range of SIMs. Choose between capped data, calls and minutes or unlimited data-only SIMs.
SIM-only contracts range from one month up to 24 months. Unlimited Max plans also include free roaming for up to 81 destinations.
As long as you’re not on a ‘Basic’ plan, you can also opt to add an Entertainment plan to your phone or SIM only contract. Choose between TV, sports or music packages.
Customers on unlimited monthly or Red plans can also take advantage of Vodafone’s WiFi calling feature if they have a compatible phone. This enables you to make calls in WiFi locations if you can’t get a mobile signal. You’ll also be able to use WiFi calling at no extra cost in at least 150 London Underground stations. Phones bought from other providers are unlikely to support Vodafone’s WiFi calling, other than iPhones, which should work regardless.
Vodafone’s Flexi-upgrade is another handy feature. If you’re on a Vodafone Essentials, Red Extra or Red Entertainment 12-month plan, you’ll have the option of upgrading your phone after six months, or upgrading your SIM-only plan to a pay monthly contract with a new device after three months. You may need to pay an early termination fee depending on how far into your current plan you are.
What extras does Vodafone offer?
Vodafone isn’t the cheapest mobile provider, but its attractive extras could make it good value for money.
- Entertainment plans – available for pay monthly phone and SIM-only customers. Choose an option to add to your plan including Amazon Prime Video or Spotify Premium. Entertainment plans also include 100 UK to EU minutes a month.
- Roam Free – Choose a plan which includes Roam Free and you can use your data, minutes and texts at no extra cost in 51 European destinations.
- Roam Further – add a further 104 destinations by paying an extra amount for each day.
- Global Roaming Plus – choose a plan with Global Roaming Plus and you can roam at no extra cost in 81 worldwide destinations including the USA, Australia and Canada.
- VeryMe Rewards – a loyalty programme that you can access through the My Vodafone app. Available on monthly contracts or pay-as-you-go plans. Enjoy weekly treats and rewards ranging from movie rentals to discount vouchers for popular high street stores.
How does Vodafone rate for customer service?
Vodafone rates quite low for customer service. But in the latest Ofcom customer service report for 2019, there were fewer complaints than in the previous year. According to the report, Vodafone customers were less likely to be satisfied with value for money, but happier with reception or signal strength at 89% compared with the industry average of 85%.
What are the pros of Vodafone?
- a wide selection of phone contracts and SIM-only plans – both capped and unlimited
- great roaming options
- flexi-upgrade lets you change your phone or SIM mid-contract
- attractive entertainment plans and useful rewards
What are the cons of Vodafone?
- customer service could be better
- plans can be expensive
How can I contact Vodafone?
Customers can call Vodafone customer services on 191 free from a Vodafone pay monthly phone, or 03333 040191 from any other UK phone (standard charges apply). Phone lines are open 8am to 9pm Monday to Sunday.
You can also use TOBi, Vodafone’s digital assistant via the Vodafone UK website, or live chat if you prefer. Alternatively, visit your nearest Vodafone store.
How do I compare Vodafone deals?
What do I need to find a deal?
Simply click below and choose what you’d like to compare: phone deals, SIM only deals or shop by network.
You can also filter the results to see only the deals that interest you.Find a deal
Why use Compare the Market?
Start comparing in less than 1 minute^^
|Choose from 15 mobile network providers^^^||Find a great deal on the most popular handset brands|
^^On average it can take less than 1 minute to find and compare mobile phone deals through Compare the Market, based on data in November 2020.
^^^Correct as of November 2020.
Digital product expert
What our expert says
“Whether you’re looking for a phone contract or SIM-only package, it’s worth comparing deals to see if you can find a great deal to suit your needs - as well as your budget.”