Flea and worm prevention
Dealing with fleas and worms is part of owning a pet. There are, however, ways to lower the risk of infestation:
- Make sure your home and pet bowls are regularly cleaned using a pet-safe disinfectant.
- Clean up after your pet and carefully dispose of their faeces straightaway.
- Use flea and worm treatments regularly.
- Groom your pet on a regular basis and check for eggs or droppings in their fur.
- Wash your hands before eating - worms can be easily transmitted to humans, particularly young children.
With regular flea and worm treatment, your pet will be healthier and happier. And this, in turn, can help keep the cost of your pet insurance premiums down.
If you do find your pet needs treatment, pet insurance can help to limit the amount you have to pay at the vets.
Looking to compare pet insurance? You can get the right pet insurance at the right price with our comparison service.