What else should I consider?
- Pre-existing conditions aren’t covered by pet insurance
- The age of your pet will influence the size of your premium. Older animals do cost more to insure and after a certain age, you may find very few insurers are willing to cover your pet.
- Pet insurance providers will also take into account other factors, such as the breed of your pet and whether it’s a mongrel, pedigree or exotic animal.
- Routine vaccinations, check-ups, spraying or neutering aren’t usually covered by pet insurance.
- If your pet becomes ill because a routine vaccine has been missed, this could invalidate your policy.
Whether you think pet insurance is worth it is down to you. Don’t wait until you’re forced to make a choice you’d rather not make – so take the first step with us and compare more than 20 pet insurance providers now.