Who are Suzuki?
Originally renowned for their motorbikes, Suzuki have become an established household name in recent years thanks to their zippy and trendy low-cost cars.
Suzuki are an affordable and practical choice for younger drivers - the 5-door Celerio city car, for example.
Moving up a notch, there’s the dynamic and powerful Swift supermini and the stylish SX4 SUV. The most expensive of the Suzuki range is the Vitara S, a sporty, rugged crossover with impressive off road 4x4 capabilities.
Frequently asked questions
How much does a Suzuki cost to insure?
If you’ve a standard Suzuki model such as an Alto, Celerio or Splash, mainly used for family shopping days and school runs, you can expect to pay a lower insurance premium.
If, however, you’ve gone for a hot Suzuki Swift Sport or a rugged 4x4 off-roader, then you may be looking at higher insurance costs.
The cost of your premium can also depend on the insurance group your Suzuki falls into. This can vary depending on the specific model, engine type and extras added. For example: the Suzuki Swift ranges from groups 22 to 35, while the Grand Vitara can be found in groups 17 to 24.
According to our data, the average insurance costs** of these vehicles are:
- Suzuki Swift: average premium £657.48 per year
- Suzuki SX4: average premium £402.07 per year
- Suzuki Vitara: average premium £410.90 per year
- Suzuki Grand Vitara: average premium £461.16 per year
- Suzuki Celerio: average premium £345.90 per year
- Suzuki Splash: average premium £372.56 per year
- Suzuki Jimny: average premium £490.63 per year
- Suzuki Ignis: average premium £511.97 per year
- Suzuki Alto: average premium £475.37 per year
Surprisingly, the Swift is the most expensive. But this could also be due to its popularity with young drivers, which can push up the average.
However, when you consider that the average annual premium for 17-24 year olds across all makes and models is a whopping £1,281***, the Suzuki Swift average premium at £657.48** is still significantly cheaper.
***Based on data from Compare the Market Young Drivers Index February 2019.
Can I cut the cost of my Suzuki insurance?
However young drivers especially, could help keep costs down in the following ways:
- take out black box, telematics insurance
- if you’ve just passed your test, take a Pass Plus advanced driving qualification
- avoid adding any modifications to your Suzuki
Check out our top tips for cheap car insurance for more ways that could save money on your premium.
Where can I find Suzuki car insurance?
Trawling through search engines to find the right car insurance for your Suzuki can be stressful and time consuming.
That’s where we can help. Simply gives us a few details about you and your car and you’ll have a list of quotes to choose from.
And if you’d like to check out Suzuki’s competitors, take a look at our car manufacturers hub to get an overview of the cost of insurance for similar brands