What’s not included in home insurance legal cover?
It’s important to read your policy in full, so you know exactly what the limits and exclusions are. Legal expenses cover will vary among insurance providers, but the following situations are typically excluded:
- compensation payments
- ongoing issues and disputes that began before you started your policy
- legal claims that have less than 51% chance of success
- motoring claims - check whether your car insurance includes motor legal protection
- matrimonial disputes and divorce proceedings
- libel cases
- disputes that can be covered by Legal Aid, such as a criminal trial.