What does HomeProtect contents insurance cover?
HomeProtect contents insurance covers the belongings in your home against loss or damage. In order to ensure full cover, make sure that you have specified your belongings where relevant.
HomeProtect contents insurance may also cover you for the following:
- high risk items, laptops, bicycles, tablets and mobile phones,
- loss or damage to digital media (up to £2,500)
- personal possessions (protect you in the event of something happening to your most valuable possessions outside your home)
- contents for students who are studying away from the home
- plants and trees in the garden
- special events – additional cover when you have a wedding or a religious festival for the extra contents and provisions you have at home
- home office equipment – if you work from home this cover will protect your computer, photocopier and any other items you use
- theft of keys – includes the locksmith’s call-out charges and the replacement of new keys
- loss of rent – if your tenants can’t live in the home they rent from you because it has been damaged severely, you’ll be covered for the loss of rent
- alternative accommodation – if you’re unable to stay in your home because something has happened. This cover will enable you to stay somewhere else until the problem is sorted out
- personal liability – covers your liability as an owner or owner/occupier
Just make sure that you value the contents of your home accurately to get cover that suits your needs.