Home Protect Home Insurance

HomeProtect cater for all sorts of home insurance circumstances including those considered ‘complex’ (for example, those who work from home, own a holiday property or live in a flood risk area).

The HomeProtect claims service is provided by brands such as AXA and is available 24/7.
All HomeProtect policies include basic Accidental Damage, Legal Expenses and Home Emergency as standard.

HomeProtect Home Insurance

Benefits you’ll get with HomeProtect Buildings Insurance:

  • Cover up to £500,000 (which is typically more than adequate to cover the rebuild cost)
  • Alternative accommodation – if your home is badly damaged by an event covered under your policy and you can’t live in your home.
  • Repair accidental damage to underground services –  including sewerage, gas and water pipes and electricity cables
  • Cover for replacement keys – if your keys are stolen, your locks will be replaced, along with new keys
  • Damage caused by the emergency services gaining access to your property
  • Property Owners liability  – covers your liability as an owner or owner/occupier.

Benefits of Contents Insurance with HomeProtect include:

  • As much contents cover as you need (you can define the amount of cover you need to the penny)
  • Loss or damage to digital media (up to £2,500)
  • Personal possessions (protect you in the event of something happening to your most valuable possessions outside your home)
  • Contents for students who are studying away from the home
  • Plants and trees in the garden
  • Special Events – additional cover’ when you have a wedding or a religious festival for the extra contents and provisions you have at home
  • Home Office equipment – if you work from home this cover will protect your computer, photocopier and any other items you use whilst working
  • Contents whilst students are away
  • Loss or theft of keys – includes the locksmith’s call-out charges and the replacement of new keys
  • Loss of rent – if your tenants can’t live in the home they rent from you because it has been damaged severely, you’ll be covered for the loss of rent
  • Alternative accommodation – if you are unable to stay in your home because something has happened and it is now too dangerous to stay in it. This cover will enable you to stay somewhere else until the problem is sorted out
  • Personal liability – covers your liability as an owner or owner/occupier

Terms and conditions will apply to the benefits you’re offered, so it’s important to check the policy wording before you purchase.

You can also purchase the following options to give you wider cover:

  • Upgraded Home Emergency cover – this gives you higher levels of cover, alternative accommodation and other benefits, such as cover for your central heating system 
  • Upgraded Legal Expenses – higher limits and further cover tailored to your needs
  • Upgraded Accidental Damage – covers you if you have a disaster (e.g. drill through the ceiling and cause a burst pipe) or spill red wine all over your new white sofa
  • Upgraded personal possessions and valuables cover
  • Pedal bikes away from home – covers your bike for theft or accidental damage

HomeProtect will give you the peace of mind of knowing your property and possessions are covered in the event that something unexpected happens. Get a HomeProtect home insurance quote today and see how much you could save.

why buy through comparethemarket

Compare home insurance

Get a quote in minutes and you could start saving

Get a quote