Sainsbury’s Bank home insurance
Sainsbury’s, one of the UK’s largest supermarkets, also provides a range of financial services through its Sainsbury’s Bank division.
Sainsbury’s Bank offers buildings and contents insurance with further rewards and discounts for customers who have a Nectar card.
Standard features of Sainsbury's Bank home insurance
You receive the following features as standard with Sainsbury’s Bank home insurance:
- Alternative accommodation – if you can’t live in your home following a valid claim, your accommodation will be paid for until you can return home
- Accidental damage – some cover is included as standard, but you can upgrade this as an optional extra
- No claims discount – money off next year’s premium if you don't make a claim.
What does Sainsbury’s Bank buildings insurance cover?
As a home owner, you understand the importance of protecting the integrity of your home. Sainsbury’s Bank buildings insurance will provide you with cover should the structure of your house incur damage as a result of a storm, fire, flood, etc.
A buildings insurance policy from Sainsbury’s Bank will include:
- buildings cover - up to £1 million sum insured as standard
- accidental damage cover – for your pipes and wires, your locks, and any damage done in the search for a leak
- trace and access cover
- no claims discount.
What does Sainsbury’s Bank contents insurance cover?
Sainsbury’s Bank contents insurance has been designed to protect the valuables within your home from loss, damage or theft. It will include:
• contents cover – up to £75,000 sum insured and up to £2,000 for a single valuable item
• accidental damage cover – for things like your TV, DVD players or laptop when they’re in your home
• mobile phone and gadget cover
• jewellery cover – up to a maximum of £25,000 for jewellery that’s stolen or damaged
bike cover – up to £750.
Sainsbury’s Bank home insurance optional extras
Make your policy with Sainsbury’s Bank even more comprehensive with optional extras like home emergency cover, family legal protection, full accidental damage cover, personal possessions cover and key cover.