Who are Chevrolet?
Immortalised in Don Maclean’s classic hit American Pie, The ‘Chevy’ brand is an iconic American car make, most notably famous for the legendary Corvette.
Owned by US car giants General Motors (GM), the Chevrolet brand was first introduced to the UK market in 2005. In 2016, GM pulled Chevrolet out of the mainstream European market, preferring to focus on the sale of specialist vehicles such as the Corvette and Camaro instead.
Although it’s no longer possible to get your hands on a new model, the Matiz, Aveo and Spark small city runabouts are proving a popular choice in the used car market.
Frequently asked questions
How much does a Chevrolet cost to insure?
According to our data, the average insurance costs** of these vehicles are:
- Chevrolet Matiz: average premium £641.84 per year
- Chevrolet Spark: average premium £440.62 per year
- Chevrolet Aveo: average premium £633.25 per year
- Chevrolet Kalos: average premium £644.54 per year
- Chevrolet Cruze: average premium £613.65 per year
- Chevrolet Captiva: average premium £553.35 per year
- Chevrolet Lacetti: average premium £556.22 per year
- Chevrolet Corvette: average premium £592.34 per year
- Chevrolet Camaro: average premium £1,866.91 per year
As with all cars, the insurance costs for a Chevrolet will depend on a number of factors including your age, driving history and where you live.
Other things such as the car value, power, repair costs and replacement parts will be deciding factors on which insurance group your Chevrolet will fall into. Unsurprisingly, the powerful and sporty Corvette and Camaro can be found in the higher groups.
**Average price amount based on the top five quotes from Compare the Market data from 1 March 2019 to 1 June 2019. The average is based on all variations of the vehicle model and uses risk data from people with different age ranges, addresses and driving histories. You may find a cheaper or more expensive quote based on your circumstances.
Can I cut the cost of my Chevrolet insurance?
There are a number of ways that could help you reduce the cost of your Chevrolet car insurance, including:
- Limiting your annual mileage
- Increasing your voluntary excess
- Paying your annual premium in one lump sum to avoid potential monthly interest charges
- Building up a good no claims discount
- If you’re a new driver, consider a telematics policy
You can also check out our top tips for cheap car insurance for more ways that could help cut the cost of your premium.
Where can I find cheap Chevrolet car insurance?
Our price comparison service is a quick and efficient way of finding a range of car insurance quotes for you to compare in a matter of minutes.
Whether you’re looking for a mainstream insurance provider or a specialist classic car policy, we can help you find the right level of cover at a price that suits you.
If you want to see out how Chevrolet compares to other car marques, check out our car manufacturers hub for a comprehensive list of other well-known brands.